Mod

Re: Not coping with disclosure

@scared01 is there anything that you have found can help you to think any more positively about yourself when you are feeling quite negative?

Also I'm just wondering if you had a conversation with your mum and sister about how you are feeling - that you feel like you can't do right by them or anything good enough?
Contributor

hi @May_ 

i think ive just flipped it with all the things that are going on. its too  much including the almost unbearble pain that im in.

i quite concerned about a few things and it just adds to the stuff im already dealing with 

Contributor

@Sally-RO you on tonight?

Mod Squad

hello @scared01 yes I am here tonight

Contributor

thanks @Sally-RO

i could really use some advice if you dont mind. im really struggling to hold my head above water as well .

Mod Squad

@scared01 what's on your mind? Hopefully we (including me) can help out...

Contributor

Everything is just really getting to me and its really overwhelming..

ive had 3 trigger through the day and im still trying to manage them but i dont seem to be getting very far with them. now im too scared to go to sleep as when ive been triggered i usually have very vivid nghtmares.

im dealing with an injury and im in so uch pain despite taking pain releiver and doing what people have told me to do.

i missed out on my gp appointment today because i couldnt even get up off the lounge, i was so weighed down and todays events  have made it worse.

im falling behind in my studies and having a heap of trouble concentrating on it. i do ahve a mentor but they dont know about my mental illnesses so they prob wouldnt be that much help to me and i dont know whether to tell them or not. do you think is hould tell them?

im also very concerned for some of the people on here and i cant seem to get away from it until i at least know they are ok and safe.

and i dont think i can be everything everyone expects me to be including a mum, dad, sister, brother, nan, pop, teacher, carer and everything else they expect me to be.

i dont even know who i am anymore. im so lost @Sally-RO

Mod Squad

hmmmm @scared01 I am a bit worried about some of the things you are going through at the moment.

First, I think getting some professional help and support around your mental health/dreams/injury is very very important. Are you planning to go to your GP again in the next couple of days to go through all of these struggles?

I think you should tell whoever you need too if this is what you feel comfortable to do - I really need you to think about the RO forums and if being on the Tough Times forum is triggering your sense of being overwhelmed?

It's a big responsibility to take on that you want to make sure everyone is okay and safe, but this is why there are moderators on here so I hope that gives you some reassurance.

Do you think you could call a crisis line to have a chat and help calm down a bit for the night? Maybe Lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 551 800)?

Contributor

im seeing a suicide prevention psychologist and my gp weekly forntightly maximum gap. and when i finish the suicide program ive got a psychologist to go back to as well.

i cant help but be on here helping people @Sally-RO it makes me very concerned if peopel are in trouble or hurting. i now moderators are on here but sometimes i like my own reassurance such as j95 im really hopeing thery are ok. im ok with druidchild she seems like shes got this under control for now .

im on antipsych med and SSRI meds but the antipsych are seeming to only help with sleep.

im seeing a podiatrsit for the injury but im still in so muc pain its making things so muc worse and being told to grow up, get over it, the pains maginary its really making me question my own sanity.

maybe i should tell my mentor but i dont really want them think any different or pitying me or anything.

Mod Squad

I guess that's why I raised if something is triggering you @scared01 it may not be helpful sometimes. I think it's important to know the limitations of when its best to help and not help others who are struggling if that is coming up for you.

You have a lot of compassion and understanding for people which is great.

Do you have any strategies around your anxiety you have worked out with your psychologist?

Also maybe bringing up your concerns to speak to your mentor about your mental health with your psychologist or GP is a start. Or maybe starting a new thread in Well being would be good to ask others for their advice around talking about your mental health to see if anyone has any suggestions?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors