Super frequent scribe

Not doing well at all!! Help!

10:33 PM
last night i dont know if i dreamt it or if it really happened. I have severe ptsd from my sister getting attacked by a dog and last night the dream or reality i don't know which one was that my sister woke me up and told me she had a night mare and i asked her what of and she said a dog attacking her. I gavent been back to sleep since 2am and im.terrified to go back to bed.

My sister didnt reamention it this morning do i left it and later on this arvo she was happily playing with our dog so im starting to think i dreamt what i thought happened. Ive tried to tell myself that it was just a dream but in reality the attack did happen. I feel really sick and shaking like crazy and its been bothering me all day and its worse now.

Im sooo terrified
Mod Squad

Re: Not doing well at all!! Help!

hey @Bellababe whatever it is that's going on sounds quite seriously distressing for you.

Do you think you could get in touch with your dr or any professional supports tomorrow to talk about this? If not and you need to talk to someone tonight, I'll suggest calling Lifeline on 13 11 14 as a first point of call.

Super frequent scribe

Yea its very distressing! !! I feel like i cant breathe and fear and anxiety is taking over.

Ive tried mindfulness and journalling and deep breathing and distractions
Mod Squad

I'm going to have to log off for the night now - please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Mental Health team or 000 in your area for crisis support from their trained professionals @Bellababe

Let us know how you are in the morning

Super frequent scribe

Ok
Super star contributor

@Bellababe That sounds really scary Smiley Sad How are you doing this morning, were you able to get in contact with any of your supports?

Super frequent scribe

Hi @DruidChild

Yes very distressing but ive actually had much much worse revolving around the same thing.
Im abit better considering i only got 3-4hrs of peaceful sleep.

No i didnt use any of the hotlines etc
Super star contributor

I'm sorry it was so distressing but I'm glad you're doing a bit better today @Bellababe. Did you have a chance for a nap or a lie down to catch up on some sleep? 

What kinds of self care usually help when you experience something distressing like that? 

Super frequent scribe

No ive been flat out all day and as im a carer as well so they come first.

I just try to distract myself but i was doing it all through the day but didn't help and being at night not much i can do....
Super star contributor

I think it shows how strong you are that you were able to care for others today, even when you were distressed and tired @Bellababe Heart

It sounds like distracting yourself was a great strategy for a while...I find that really helpful, too...how do you reckon RO could help you tonight? Do you what to have a chat, or hang out on the games forums, or something else? 

If it's possible to do with your caring responsibilities, sometimes I find that having a hot shower about an hour before I go to bed, and then some milk or milk before sleeping, helps me to sleep when I'm feeling agitated.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count