Builder

Re: Patterns of relating

@Ben-RO I'm as far as learning to recognise it and then give myself options to how I want to treat myself and others.

That's it though, I'm not sure on alternatives, that's something I need help with
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Well, what are your good qualities and strengths @j95?

Community Manager

Have you ever done a strengths exercise @j95? @loves netball did one recently, maybe they can explain a bit more about how it works and what to expect

Builder

I think I'm lacking both of those... @Ben-RO

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Hey @j95 it's hard when we feel we have no strengths or good qualities but you definitely do from my viewpoint.

You're very self driven - swimming is a great example. You are very empathetic, and very loving of the little siblings.

I guess if we can knock out a couple more strengths I am thinking maybe @Ben-RO was going to suggest using those to create alternative outlets. That was a bit of a jumbled response, let me know if it didn't make sense haha!

Builder

Yeah... What??? Haha @Bree-RO

I guess some strengths of mine though...
- independent
- hard working
- kind
Mod Squad

Yaaaassss all true.

@j95 hmm so I think a healthy alternative when feeling small or when feeling dominating could be worked in with your strengths.

i.e. I am independent. When I feel small because of X I need to remember I am an independent person who can check my self and push through this. I am self made. 

Or something similar.

Builder

yeah that sounds alright @Bree-RO just like, how? haha

Builder

Not doing so great with all of this at the moment
Super star contributor

I realised I was supposed to respond to this thread a while ago, opps sorry @j95 @Ben-RO.

So I went back through my emails and found the link the my last psychologist sent me to do the strengths profile through

http://www.viacharacter.org/www/Character-Strengths-Survey

You have to register to do it and at the end it gives you a whole strengths profile. Not sure how accurate it is and even if you try to make it so you have none; doesn't work

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors