Community Manager

Re: Short Sads

What's not going right mate? @j95

Builder

@Ben-RO I'm trying to do some work in the library at trade school because my teacher isn't here, but I don't understand any of the questions, the internet keeps deciding it's going to stop working, I'm fucking starving but I spent all my stupid coins on parking.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Ugh that is pretty annoying. Studying on an empty stomach (for me at least) is kind of not worth it. Do you have class later today? Or can you go home, get some food and start on these questions when your blood sugar is back on the level? 

Builder

I have class but today just seems like a total shithouse day considering I also got not much sleep and no breakfast so I think I'll just call it quits and go home early @Ben-RO no matter how reenergised I am I'm not going to be able to do any of this work, I'm not smart enough
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

You missed breakfast too? You gotta fuel your brain mate! 

I keep hearing that you're feeling a bit stressed about study stuff. Is that something you want to talk through a bit more? 

Builder

We had no bread and i was in a hurry
Yeah it is I feel like it's just cause I'm dumb though like I don't think anything can be done about it, well maybe something can be done about it I just don't know where to start @Ben-RO
Community Manager

@j95 there is always something you can do about it, literally always! 

Have you read through our stuff on study? It's a pretty good thing to start on as it'll help you make sure you're taking care of the basics.

Here's a bunch of links  Smiley Happy 

The next big thing is to break everything into teeeeny tiny chunks and then work through those little chunks. There's even some stuff you can learn about how to interpret questions and break them up into their key words and stuff, that can often help get your brain into gear and problem solving mode. Let me know where you're at and when you're ready to start tackling this Smiley Happy 

Builder

I chose this job because I wouldn't have to do heaps of classroom work and written stuff but there is more than I thought it's just becoming too hard, my tutor is really good but it i still don't really understand what I'm doing in most of my assessments. I get the work and I have no idea what to do, it just looks like random letters on a page.
Yeah I think I read those ages ago
Community Manager

Hmm well, there's always going to be a bit of reading and writing. I really think all hope is not lost though.

I have done a training and assessment course and worked with education insitutions a fair bit too. One of the really important things i was taught when being taught how to teach (heh) is that there's lots of ways to learn and lots of ways around barriers like dealing with huge chunks of text. It seems like your tutor and your matesare some ways around this and that's pretty awesome. There will also be someone at your Tafe (is that what they're called down there) who is literally paid to help you learn the stuff you need to learn in a way that works for you. They're often called a learning support unit, or an academic skills centre or something like that. Have you had a chance to look them up? Are you interested in doing that? I really think you'd get a lot out of it! All the ones i have run into have been heaps supportive and not judgemental. 

Builder

Yeah it's TAFE here.

What type of things will they do? @Ben-RO
and will it cost me anything?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count