Mod Squad

Those little tasks...

@j95 and myself are starting this thread for anyone who gets anxiety over small tasks that we sometimes wish we could just breeze through Smiley Indifferent but for some reason find super challenging.

Some examples are calling a helpline, going to the supermarket, asking questions in class etc.

For me I get a lot of anxiety phoning my phone company about our internet bill. I know it sounds silly, but I have generally unpleasant conversations with them. I also manage the bills in my household and sometimes the financial pressure gets to me. I have to do this in the morning - my technique for getting through this is I make the space somewhat enjoyable. I usually sit outside with the pups, brew a cup of coffee and put a magazine in front of me to distract me and keep me calm whilst on the phone.. Smiley Happy

@j95 wanna talk about your struggles with the phone and maybe one thing you can do to make that task easier?

Builder

Re: Those little tasks...

[ Edited ]

I'm ok talking on the phone to people I know like my friends but making appointments, talking to helplines, people I'm not sure about I find very tough.
I'm not sure what I can do to make it easier maybe give myself something to look forward to after and also break it into steps @scared01 was really helpful with that

thanks for making this thread @Bree-RO

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Yeah @j95 I think @scared01 was pretty spot on actually, almost like a script to follow.

@DruidChild @letitgo @roseisnotaplant what do you guys reckon?

Builder

I have to work tomorrow if I didn't I'd plan things around this phone call like doing things before hand, then getting comfy to make the call, the having some chill out time after it @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super frequent scribe

Thanks @Bree-RO
Mod Squad

@j95 sounds amazing - I am just about to log off, but please hit me up with how you go tomorrow. You've done wonders tonight mate, really stoked to see you come up with strategies this evening Smiley Happy 

Super frequent scribe

See if you can make abit of time tomorrow @j95 even during your lunch break to make the call then when you get home do a self care activity and reward yourself 💙
Super frequent scribe

Thanks @Bree-RO youve been pretty helpful too
Builder

@scared01 I usually have my lunch break with everybody else so i might have to like sit in my car or something
Super frequent scribe

Yeah itll only take you a few min @j95
Let us know how you go tonorrow ok?
We are hear for you no matter what ok. Were right here . Jist think of butterflies and take the paper with the follow along script and use it tomorrow. Ive gotta log off though now its been a vert long day. 💗❤💜💙

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count