Builder

Why am I so dumb

[ Edited ]

Oh god I'm sitting at trade school and I have no fuckimg idea what is happening I want to get out here it looks like I'm not paying attention but I'm not paying attention because I don't understand any of it and it's hurting my brain and I'm such an idiot 

i don't have any idea what is happening right now did a skip a year or something? I can't do this anymore I want to get up and leave and I've only been here 45 minutes. This happens every week i fucking hate this.

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Re: Why am I so dumb

I'm crying on bean bag in a corner of the library because I don't know what anything means
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Hey @j95 In support of your goals can I help you reframe this so it's not you whipping yourself with a stick?

What about asking:

"Who do I need to speak to for support around learning this? I have learnt many things in my life and now this is the thing I want to learn next. How can I make that happen?"

Builder

Yeah ok I think that's better @Ngaio-RO I ended up going home
Community Manager

I think that's a great thing to do @j95 the brain has to be in a certain mode to learn. If you're feeling crap, the best thing to do is to go home and tend to yourself rather than try and force it. 

Just promise me you won't use the time to tell yourself mean things. You are a long way from dumb. you show how smart and wise you are often but being smart doesn't mean you don't have crappy days. look after yourself today, ok? 

Builder

Yeah sometimes it just so hard, the words in the textbooks and what the teacher is saying I have no idea, got no clue what's going on, it makes me feel so stupid when everyone else seems to be ok with it. I went home at like 12 and got out my work and tried to search the meanings of the things I didn't understand so I could rephrase it @Ngaio-RO
Community Manager

I have areas of study that have been really difficult and I need lots of help @j95 I have struggled with maths since about 3rd grade. The only time I ever managed to understand it was when I had a tutor.

Is that an option where you are?

I haven't kept track of you posting your goals although ben tells me you're doing an amazing job. I remember one was about accessing student services, was that for this sort of stuff?

Builder

Yeah it was for this sort of thing @Ngaio-RO I guess I can turn this thread around from beating myself up to goal focussed. I used to see a tutor at trade school like it's probably been a year since I have seen them though
Mod

Hey @j95, do you think you could see that tutor again?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Can try and get in contact @letitgo

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors