Community Manager

Workplace woes, what to do when you're being bullied by someone you work with.

We're focussing on bullying over the next couple of weeks, so I'm making a few more threads about bullying and different types of bullying so that we can all learn a bit more about it, and what to do when it happens! One of the most common forms of bullying is workplace bullying, here's a sweet video we made that explains a bit more about it and what to do about it Smiley Happy

• Have you ever been Bullied in the workplace? What happened?

• What did you do about it?
Builder

Re: Workplace woes, what to do when you're being bullied by someone you work with.

This is an important conversation to have.

Have you ever been Bullied in the workplace? What happened?
Yeah I have, in my old workplace I had somebody who would intimidate me, raise their voice at me for no reason, when I was just trying to do my job and occasionally threw things at me.

What did you do about it?
I tolerated it for a while until one day I just reached the end of my rope. I emailed somebody who could help. It was a bit of long process but they were really supportive and not only pointed me in a good direction they were able to speak to this person, my manager and myself seperately (for my safety) to discuss the issue. My name was never mentioned, what I told them was confidential (although im sure they realized who it was) and the bullying was resolved. The other person left shortly after this.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count