20-04-2017 04:21 PM
20-04-2017 04:44 PM
Ok, I'll start -
The World's Greatest Mental Health Service (WGMHS) would:
be open 24 hours
be completely free
have a beautiful waiting room with couches and tv's, ipads and gaming consoles.
have free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
have a GP, psychiatrist, psychologist, youth worker, housing specialist, Centrelink worker, employment support worker and other specialists available ALL THE TIME.
let the customer decide how they want their treatment to be
20-04-2017 05:03 PM
@Ngaio-RO Ok so this one took some thought, I decided to add on bc those are some cool ideas
- It would be more education based when coming to other services like schools so the school can readjust their attitudes
- you could game in the waiting room
- it would be a place to chill anytime
- with lots of lollies and chocolate
- you could have more of a community feel with groups for common interests
- it's a service run for the people, by the people
20-04-2017 05:23 PM
Nice one @Nat8
So no restrictions on session times, is that what you mean? Awesome.
And it's run by a youth advisory board
And not only are there rooms community groups can meet in but there are sound proof rooms with people teaching music, sound recording, instruments
and you can bring your dogs
in fact, they have therapy animals all over the place
21-04-2017 02:52 PM
Love all of those suggestions! If only we could will them into being!
22-04-2017 01:40 PM
- It needs to have a telephone and webchat available as well, for those people in rural areas etc.
- I think the consumer should have the first say in their next step of treatment.
- Lots of different specialists and psychiatrist and psychologists available.
- Maybe , if attached to the mental health service, there could be a fx zone or bowling for example so that those people that don't want to be seen entering the service can say they were there for the trampolining etc.This can also be used as a fun way to have discussions with psychologists (maybe not trampolining )