Mod Squad

Re: am i complaining too much? should i toughen up or just get over it?

Oh I hear you... @scared01 Those helplines can be good when we're feeling really intense but I think definitely a good rapport with an ongoing counsellor is a top tier priority Smiley Happy Def don't be too hard on yourself with the helpline counsellors, these guys are super qualified and have a lot of regular callers I highly doubt they're sick of you. That's their chosen industry because they want to help Smiley Happy

Can you identify anything that has been working for you, and helps your mental wellbeing?

Super frequent scribe

hi @Bree-RO

yeah i guess so, i still bad for keeping on ringing though.

um i just seem to be going around and around and around in a nevr ending downward spiral for my mental and phsyical health.

for th moment im jsut using distractions as a way of coping

Mod Squad

@scared01 I have a lot of friends in that industry - definitely don't feel  bad Smiley Happy They are super trained to support you and many others in similar situations... What sort of distractions have been working?

Super frequent scribe

@Bree-RO 

i try to focus on my studies and put my headphones in, or i try to go for a walk depends on my foot, or ill watch a movie or ill SH

(very regular acitivty)

Mod Squad

@scared01 nice the first two are activities I enjoy! The SH I am very concerned about, are you thinking about this tonight?

Super frequent scribe

@Bree-RO im in a fair amount of pain both mentally and physically and am thinking about SH but im trying to resist it.

im trying the different distractions and its pretty much time to take the sleeping tablets so ill probably be asleep by 11ish so if i can last till then then ill be fine through the night as long as i dont wake up having nightmares

Mod Squad

Hey @scared01 I am stoked to hear you have the goal of getting through til 11pm - especially as that's half an hour away. Thanks for letting me know too Smiley Happy What sort of music have you been listening to lately during distraction time?

Super frequent scribe

yeah im trying @Bree-RO ive been studying and ive jsut taken my tablets so wont be long now. i think i might head for a shower, put some deep heat on and then ill probably be crashed and if not ill just play some games on my phone until i start drifting off . hopefull i wont be interrrupted by nightmares or by pain tonight.

im listening to all the new pop songs at the moment and i was listening to evanescence before

Mod Squad

Sounds good @scared01 let us know how you are tomorrow Smiley Happy Oh they have a new album! Her voice is wow. Heart

Highlighted
Super frequent scribe

Yay cool thanks @Bree-RO

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors