Star contributor

Re: am i complaining too much? should i toughen up or just get over it?

hi @safari93 @DirtWitch

yeah i know about the carers website but i really dont like ringing numbers. it makes me nervous.

ive recently just changed therapists as i didnt think the other one was working and it wasnt particularly comfortable with her. '

Builder

Hi @scared01,

If you don't like ringing numbers, could you maybe email or text them?

Also, I'm glad you were able to change switch therapists. I hope that all goes well with the new one and you are able to feel comfortable with them!

Star contributor

i cant text but i could try emailing them @DirtWitch

yeah i think this therapist is better suited to my needs and i do like her Smiley Happy

Mod

@scared01 glad to hear your new therapist is working out! It's good to find someone who is better suited to your needs.

Have you been able to email the support service? Let us know how it all goes Smiley Happy

Builder

@scared01 Emailing them sounds like a good idea! Hopefully they will reply quickly!

Star contributor

Hi @DirtWitch @safari93

I did msg a few. Some could be of help but they said the best form of contact is bu phone so i can talk to the counsellors
Mod

well done for messaging them @scared01! Do you think calling one of them by phone is something you could build up to? We'd all support you on here and we'd be happy to talk through some of the things that worry you about making the phone call/s. Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Star contributor

hi @letitgo

i think it could be something that i work up to. its different though ive called a kids helpline before but its not to get information. so im not really sure what i say or anything?

Mod

So the main issue with calling helplines is what to talk about, is that right @scared01? Do you think you could try writing about what you want to say and then using that when you're talking to them?

You can also tell the person you're talking to that you're nervous. They are there to help you and there might be ways that they can help while you're talking. What do you think?
Star contributor

im not sure @N1ghtW1ng

ive jsut crashed through the floor at the moment and could end up in hospital yet, and to make matter worse now my pop is sick and they cant figure out whats wrong with him and im scared and he needs someone calm and im finding it extremeley hard to stay calm at the moment

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count