Builder

commitment to my safety plan.

I hope this is ok to post.

This is my safety plan which I making a comittment to follow.

Thank you @Sophie-RO for all your help with what questions to put on it.

I had to white out the sensitive bits before I posted on here.. (its ok I have a

another copy that has a few more things on it)

By posting this I am making a promise to everyone here that I will use my safety plan when I feel like hurting myself or taking my life.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Star contributor

Re: commitment to my safety plan.

@j95 Hey mate, thanks for sharing this. I know it would have taken a lot of courage to post. 

Sharing your safety plan could really help others who might also be having a tough time too. It could give them some new ways to calm and comfort themselves, or even just help them out by knowing they're not the only ones who have felt similar ways.

It's really awesome to have you as such a contributing member of RO!

Builder

@moonwalk thanks. I did it because I need to have it set in stone that I am committed to keeping myself safe, like it's right there and other people know I am committed too so less chance of stuff ups. Also to help other people, like you said. So other people know that it's ok to feel the way I do sometimes but it's good to work on ways to feel better.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Hey @j95 - you really should be so proud of all the steps you've taken (we are)  - and this is another big step. Not only have you gone through the proocess of making the safety plan but it's really detailed & practical, AND you've shared it with us here which is really helpful for us as well as you to make that public committment to keeping safe.

Hopefully this also helps you feel a little more in control of the situation??

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Post Mod

You should be proud @j95! Glad to hear that you're committing to your safety plan and working at it at your own pace Heart

This is awesome stuff @j95, It totally floors me to see how far you've come!

Builder

Thank you @Chessca_H theres no way that 12 months ago, even 6 months ago I would of done one of these let alone post it publicly!
Super frequent scribe

xoxo

Post Mod

@j95 I have just read your safety plan, and some of the tips you have written yourself, such as walking the dogs, colouring a mandala, are really great ones that I am going to remember next time I am stressed out. You're totally on point.

I can't imagine how strong you must be to be battling on and making a commitment to share and be open about your safety. Congratulations on this huge achievement.

How are you going so far?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Builder

Pretty good thanks @Craycray17 having told everyone here that I made that commitment has helped me so much because it's out there and I've told everyone I would follow it and stay safe. I have it taped on the back of my bedroom door. Since writing and posting this I have self harmed less often than I did before I made this

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count