Post Mod

Re: commitment to my safety plan.

So proud of you, it can be hard to all of a sudden make a commitment to change habits and behaviours, but it sounds like you're going well Smiley Happy which of those pointers on your plan have helped when you're feeling negative?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Builder

@Craycray17 yeah a few people told me I needed to make a safety plan cause I've struggled with suicidal thoughts a few times this year so something had to be done.
I usually hang out with my dogs when I'm feeling down
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

Well it sounds like a great idea to have some go to solutions for situations where you feel like that, urgent or vague, big or small. What type of dogs do you have? Mine was supposedly a cavelier-jack Russell, then we thought maybe cavelier-labradore because he is getting bigger, not we have no clue because he is a skinny long crazy dog haha. Dogs can really help get some of the good hormones flowing!
Builder

[ Edited ]

@Craycray17 I have a tan and black girl kelpie x border collie and her name is Bailee and my other dog is called Friday and he is an black labrador, he's pretty old. I love them both best friends ever 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

How gorgeous! Do they get along super well Smiley Happy walking my dog is a great way to clear my head I've found, especially because it involves bonding, the dogs get our and about, ans we get moving too, multitasking some healthy stress-relievers.
Builder

@Craycray17 yeah they do except Bailee just jumps on Friday waning to play with him except he's too old and doesn't want to haha
Mod

@j95 reminds me of my old pair! Gracie always wanting to play but Max just, no.
Builder

Friday is just like uh please let me just chill out
Post Mod

Haha @j95 and @N1ghtW1ng my pup is like that with all my friends older dogs, it's hilarious
Builder

If my calculations are correct, its been 6 months since I posted this and I just wanted to revist. So when I did this I put it up on my bedroom door and I see it every morning, some days I have to stop and think about it on my way out, other days not so much. Since I made this I've self harmed only a few times and that was in the begginging, since September I've been self harm free. Having this plan has definitely helped me in a few ways, knowing I can refer to it when I'm having a difficult time and having it right in front of me, knowing that I've told this bunch of people at RO and myself that I am comitted to staying safe and looking after myself. Some of the coping mechanisms I refered to on this I longer do but are replaced by new even better ones, and I've found more reasons to live, so it might be time for an update!

Also, I'm hoping that there are a few people out there that will see this and benefit it from it, that would awesome. 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar