Builder

eating disorder stuff

As most of you guys are aware i have an eating disorder. Normally its just a voice in the background but sometimes it gets louder, and right now its really loud. 

i practically passed out today because of it but the ED isnt satisfied, 

My body hates me for what im putting it through but i wont be satisfied unitl i reach my goal. 

im scared. 

Mod Squad

Re: eating disorder stuff

@redhead do you need to talk to the professionals on a crisis line for some help with the voice like you said? Good on you for putting this post up even when going to ED for help and haven't seemed to get it any =(

Builder

@Sally-RO I meant my eating disorder isn't satisfied, I didn't go to hospital.
I don't know if I want to call anyone, I don't even know how to talk about my eating disorder.
Highlighted
Builder

Why do people always suggest food as a reward. :/
Mod

Hey @redhead, how are you doing today?

@redhead ah yeah I can see how that mightn't be a helpful suggestion. I've probably suggested it before so I'm sorry if it's made you feel worse Smiley Sad would talking about the ED on here help?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

@SmileMonkey uni was a good distraction.

@lokifish I can't really talk about it without breaching guidelines. I wasn't even allowed to list which specific eating disorder I have without it being changed.
Community Manager

Those are the guidelines, but they can be changed. Would it help if we names specific eating disorders? Maybe i should raise it with my bosses?

Builder

@Ben-RO it would be good. You can name other mental illness/diagnosis. And you can say which ED you have without going into too much potentially triggering info.
Community Manager

Agreed @redhead i think (and i wasn't here when the guidelines were written) the reason behind not mentioning specific ED's is that some of them can also imply a method that is commonly associated with the ED (even if it's not the only method) and that can make it hard for people in recovery to manage impulses.  So we have to balance it with that. Which means i need to ask a couple of experts to be sure. BUT i also think sometimes we should be allowed to name the things we are living with! It's a bit of a balancing act.

I am hoping with the rebuild of the community we can have a section where people can be a bit more open about things like this. Like a category that has a content warning letting people know to stay out if they're worried they will find themselves triggered.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors