Community Manager

Re: eating disorder stuff

And for example we say self-harm which also could imply a method for many people. So yeah. It's weighing on my mind! Anyway i am sorry to derail this conversation. I will chat to my bosses and see what we can do!

Builder

@Ben-RO cool
Builder

Struggling with this rn.
I nearly passed out again and I didn't even go for a run.
Mod Squad

@redhead heya, struggling with ED stuff? What's going through your mind tonight?

Builder

@Bree-RO yeh. I don't feel like I can say because I don't want to breach the guidelines
Mod Squad

@redhead Well I am online, have a crack and then I am happy to read over and do an edit super quick Smiley Happy See how you go being as mindful as you can, I reckon you can do it!

Builder

My symptoms are getting on top of me again. I'm pretty sure why I keep nearly passing out is due to the fact I've not really eaten in x days. I know when it's meal time but I can't bring myself to commit. And if I do eat I do everything to get rid of the calories.
My body hates me because of it. I'm scared I'm actually getting sick rather then just going through the motions of disordered eating and body dismorphia. Despite that I still feel way too fat and can't stop my behaviour.

I'm also scared of medical attention because made myself like this. I knew exactly what I was doing and getting into but it didn't stop me, it's liken I wanted my eating disorder. And my old gp just yelled at me when I disclosed this relapse this time last year.

@Bree-RO please edit if too much detail
Mod Squad

@redhead oh your GP yelled at you? Did that feel intense/unfair/other feeling? I can't imagine how frustrating it must be at times when you are totally aware these thoughts are a symptom of your ED whilst trying to manage them and rewire your brain.

Have you ever met anyone else with an ED?

Builder

@Bree-RO i had a friend who died of complications of an eating disorder. Also i know a few others.

When my GP went off at me it seemed unprofessional and unfair.
Builder

I can't deal with my ed. it hasn't been this bad for a while and I don't know why...

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count