Builder

Re: eating disorder stuff

So I went and saw a gp.
I have to start antibiotics but I have to have them with food.
I'm so terrified with eating 3 meals. I can't do it. I don't know what to do.
Community Manager

Hey @redhead let's think through some strategies here, what has helped you in the past when things have been like this? And what backup can you call in?

I am also wondering if you would want to talk to the butterfly foundation and tell us what they say?

Builder

@Ben-RO i spoke to the butterfly foundation and have a bit of a plan to get through tonight's meal.

I can't remember what's helped in the psst, my ED is too strong.
Community Manager

Hey that's awesome that you had a chat to them and even better that they helped you with a plan @redhead!

You don't have to, but could you tell us a bit about the plan? Maybe it could help us to remind you of what to do?

Builder

@Ben-RO I couldn't get through again
Community Manager

Are you able to call KHL @redhead?

You could also have another go at getting through, the butterfly foundation call centre doesn't close until 9pm.

Can you have another go for me please? Smiley Happy

Also gave you a bunch of challenges to pick from Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Also for the mod who is on Duty tonight, I just thought i'd explain what's happening for @redhead so they don't have to type it all again. @redhead is it okay if I do that?

Builder

@Ben-RO i ended up doing it Smiley Sad

Community Manager

@redhead that's not the end of the world if you ended up doing something related to your eating disorder.

Now it's time to keep looking after yourself, keep practising distraction and coping and call a crisis service for a little extra help too, I need to go help out with the Infobus now. But the Mod who is on duty tonight can help more if you need it. You'll just have to explain to them what you would like help with Smiley Happy

Mod Squad

Hmm...I really like the idea of a bit of distraction too @Ben-RO ....beacsue it does sound very overwhelming @redhead so keep us informed. The way I personally like to cope is a bit like what the triage do at hospital. Prioritise most important stuff (like emergencies) first and leave the rest till later or the next day -if possible!

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count