Super frequent scribe

Re: psychologist and psychiatrist

hello @N1ghtW1ng

its sound very scary. i hope my psychologists is patient and friendly as yours was Smiley Happy

Mod

I'm sure they will be @setmefree. Smiley Happy
Super frequent scribe

wow guys this is starting to get really real and its making me really nervous

Mod

I hope I haven't made you feel more nervous. It does sound unpleasant but honestly, it is something that makes me feel so amazing afterwards. I am the type of person who suppresses emotion and intensive therapy, even where I am crying has still made me walk out with a smile on my face knowing i am working on improving myself.

Keep us updated how your first session goes and how you felt about it. Would love to hear your thoughts.

@setmefree is there anything you can do to calm your nerves?

Super frequent scribe

No you haven't made me more nervous im just super nervous in general....

Hi @Sally-RO uhh im not really sure. Im just shaking like a leaf and sweating and just feel really panicy about tomorrow and what its going to bring
Mod Squad

I'm about to log off for the night so I'm going to try to leave you with some help, do you think you could call Kids Helpline tonight? Or even chat to them online? See their website here

Please let us know how you go @setmefree

Super frequent scribe

hi @Sally-RO @SmileMonkey @N1ghtW1ng

well i went to see my psychiatrist for the first time and wow you werent kidding about the questions!!!!
but i think it went well. my medication dosages have been changed and added another type of medication as well.
she also told me to practice deep breathing 3 times a day, i have to use to hotlines such as suicide line and kids helpline and  headspace etc that are avaliable to use. she wants me to go to my gp every week if if required see them twice a week. she would like me to continue to see my psychologist and continue to do the suicide prevention program as well.

she also wants me to do blood tests as well which im absolutly terrified of needles so im really dreading that and putting that off until absoloutly neccessary

Mod

Hey @setmefree was your appointment today? How did it go?
Mod

You just beat me to it @setmefree Smiley Tongue

I'm glad to hear that it went well Smiley Happy Have you had needles before? Are there strategies that you used then, or in other nervous situations, that have worked for you? 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar