Mod

Re: psychologist and psychiatrist

So great to hear that your appointment went well @setmefree!

As a fellow needlephobic, I can tell you that it does get easier getting bloodtests. I have learnt a few tips and tricks along the way that help me. Firstly, ask to lay down when they do the test and don't look whilst they do it, focus on breathing. Secondly make sure your arm is as relaxed as possible because if it's tense it will hurt more. It's only a few seconds of pain and it is done Smiley Happy
I hope this helps at all.

Hi @n1ghtw1ing and @SmileMonkey

Yea i had a blood test a few yrs back and nearly passed out then lol

I wasnt aware i could lay down 🤔
I just really dont want to get it done at all would be nice
Mod

It's good to ask to lay down and let them know you have a fear of needles too. They will take better care of you if you let them know. I find laying down really does help. I wish they could be avoided, but unfortunately there will be times we all need them.

Thanks @SmileMonkey
I think ill do that Smiley Happy
Mod

So glad to hear your appointment went well @setmefree. How are you doing at the moment? Smiley Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super frequent scribe

hi @letitgo

still struggling all the time but i guess having the diagnosis i can move forward

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors