Super frequent scribe

Re: recovery after a drilling psychologist session

thanks @SmileMonkey

ill keep that in mind and instead of just going home i might go for a hot chocolate or something first

Super frequent scribe

oops lol sorry to jump in on your post  @setmefree 

i have a similar issue where i just go home after a hectic counselling session and just read it and commented sorry

Super frequent scribe

no worries @scared01 Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

thank you @SmileMonkey i think next time i go to one of my counselling session ill set aside some time after wards to do something relaxing whether it be maybe go for a walk on the beach as my psychologist is near a beach or maybe grab a milkshake or something on the way home

Highlighted
Builder

Hey @setmefree I'm in the process of sort of reengaging with my psychologist because I haven't been since December but when I was attending appointments I always found, for me, I needed an incentive to go, so I would plan things around it.
So for example...

On my way to my appointment I would listen to my favourite music or new songs I was excited to listen to. I'd have my appointment then I'd go to my favourite juice/smoothie place and grab what I wanted. This was my routine, I did it each week. I knew that at the end something good was coming and I could take my drink and relax somewhere quiet, either let myself zone out or spend some time thinking things over in a nice quiet space. I always made sure that the time after my appointment was my time, just for me and nobody else.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count