Super star contributor

Re: recovery isn't linear (but it's happening) (tw suicide, self harm)

It's cool to hear that that perspective has been helpful for someone else too @Bree-RO Smiley Happy Thanks! 

I'm just going to skip this week and see her as usual next week. It shouldn't be a huge deal, I just felt really overwhelmed by the idea of coping for a whole week without seeing anyone. Plus I was really sad because, and I'm sure it wasn't intended meanly because she's a really lovely, supportive person, but she texted me using my birth name instead of my chosen name and it just made me sad because I'm ridiculous Smiley Sad 

Mod Squad

@DruidChild Nahhh not ridiculous at all Smiley Happy Maybe remind the counsellor that your preferred name is "x" .. It's like I prefer my nickname to the full name on my birth cert and if a colleague or similar used any other name I would most definitely correct them. You're doing so well, definitely don't be hard on yourself about stuff like that I think people just slip up and forget at times .. What do you think?

Mod

Hey @DruidChild just jumping in here to say that I am so happy that you're noticing all these general improvements, and while I know it can still be hard, you've done - and are doing - so well! Smiley Very Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors