Mod

But it has to be purrrrfect!

Have you ever had that feeling of wanting something to be absolutely perfect? This could happen in various areas of life, for example, study, work, health, sports or creative endeavours - sometimes it just never seems to be 'good enough'.

Perfectionism has good and bad aspects. On the positive side, it might help us strive to do the best we can. But when we criticise ourselves for not being able to reach unrealistically high standards, perfectionism can become unhelpful.

koala.jpg

On Monday 12th December at 8pm (AEDT), we'll be chatting about perfectionism, how it can affect our lives, and how to manage it if it gets in the way of what we really want!

Join us then or share your thoughts now by clicking "reply"! Robot Happy

Mod

Re: But it has to be purrrrfect!

Hi everyone and welcome!! Tonight we’ll be talking about perfectionism Smiley Happy

perfectionism.gif

Perfectionism can be good but sometimes it can be frustrating and get in the way of reaching our goals. Does it play a role in your life? What are positive and negative aspects of perfectionism? And how can we overcome the negative aspects?

Please remember guidelines when joining the conversation. If you’re new to ReachOut or just need a refresher our Community Guidelines, you can find them here.

If at any stage during this discussion, you feel distressed, overwhelmed or need to talk to someone, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 

Okay, so first question:

What is your idea of ‘perfect’?

Mod

Hey everyone!!! Pretty keen to chat tonight

Mod

Heya @cupcakes_032! Welcome to tonight's GR everyone! Smiley Happy

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hey everybody, so excited for this chat! Definitely applies to me a lot of the time Smiley Tongue

I guess my idea of perfect woud be the very best a situation could go, or my own personal idea of what the best outcome would be regardless of how realistic it may/may not be.

Super star contributor

Hey, I'm pretty interested in this because I have family who are extreme perfectionists.

But, I am mindful of last week and I'm not someone of any significance here so maybe I'll just read

Community Manager

Hiiiiiiiii Smiley Happy

Builder

Hey everyone
Mod

I completely agree with @Chessca_H. It doesn't always align to the common or widely recognised idea of 'perfect', but often stems from my own expectations of myself or a particular situation. 

Mod

Hey all Smiley Happy
On my phone now because computer is inaccessible now.

My idea of perfect would be a completely flawless situation based on my own perception. So I guess there isn't really a proper universal idea of perfectionism, huh?
Top High Fived Authors