Mod

Re: But it has to be purrrrfect!

What is your idea of ‘perfect’?

I think perfection is always changing, its like that uttainable pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I keep trying to get it but I never can!

Community Manager

@loves netball its up to you, you're welcome here and your opinion matters a lot, just remember the different places we have for different kinds of support

Mod

@Stealth_ninja totally agree with the "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" thing, the goal post always tend to move on to the next thing once you get to where you wanted to be before. So frustrating!

Mod

hi @loves netball! you are important but it's okay if you just wanna read as well Smiley Happy

What is your idea of ‘perfect’?

I agree with others in that it's subjetive and based on what I think/feel - like feeling like I've done the best I could do and being satisfied with it

Mod

What is your idea of 'perfect'?

I agree @beesting and @Chessca_H - my ideas of perfect mainly involve absolute ideals about how a situation should go, or how something should be (which may or may not be realistic or achievable). When I was younger, my idea of 'perfect' was very rigid. I used to be very hard on myself unless I received a perfect score (eg. 100%) on an assignment or test. I like to think I've relaxed a lot since then. Smiley Tongue

Builder

My idea of perfection is that myself and others all agree that something is flawless. (You can already see how this isn't possible as we all have different opinions)
Super star contributor

Perfect is almost something that is unattainable; never making a mistake of the tiniest detail - so really most people have to settle for near perfect, because making one thing absolutely perfect could take years

@Ben-RO I went looking for support elsewhere on here, but nothing so far.... 

Mod

Flawless is a good way to put it @Alison5! Now I have that Beyonce song stuck in my head...!

Super star contributor

Also there may be a difference in whether we view ourselves as perfect or that everything we do is done perfectly

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, seems like we all pretty much agree that the idea of perfect is A. not that realistic and B. very subjective, would that be right?

Top High Fived Authors