Builder

Re: But it has to be purrrrfect!

Omg I forgot again Smiley Sad can I please have @ reminders from now on, how did I not miss one for two years now I'm late every week
Builder

Hey!!
Mod

hiya @j95 Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

Wow that's an impressive record @j95 and Hi

I remember and I shouldn't even be on here haha

Mod

Hey @j95, we'll make sure to @ you in future. But welcome to the chat anyhow Smiley Tongue

Builder

How might perfectionism become a negative thing?

- Putting other things aside to make sure that one this perfect and how you picture it 

- Putting other things you want to be perfect at the expense of relationships

- When it is taking up all of your time and you are feeling lots of negative feelings around it including worthlessness because you just can't seem to get it how you want 

Mod

Hey @j95! Well...we can't always be perfect Smiley Wink

Yeah that sounds right @cupcakes_032. Perception of perfectionism can definitely change depending on feelings and situation. One rainy day's mess can be perfect on a sunnier day
Mod

Next q!

How does perfectionism affect creative activities that you  might do (e.g. writing, drawing, dance)?

Mod

@j95that's a really insightful point about ignoring other commitments/relationships to focus on getting one thing to a perfect standard. Aiming for that one thing to be perfect can be a good goal, but it's important to maintain a balance between all of the aspects of your life (including taking breaks and self care)

Mod

Oh gosh. Where do I begin? I love to draw but the problem with perfectionism in drawing is horrendous. Nitpicking on tiny details like the lines being slightly too straight or shading too dark and not being able to reverse it is an absolute nightmare!
Top High Fived Authors