Builder

Re: [CHAT] Body Image

[ Edited ]

What are some things you like about your body?

It's a hard question and I don't actually like answering it but anyway...

My hair is nice and easy to put up Smiley Tongue My nails grow nicely. Small boobs that don't get in the way Smiley Tongue I like that I eat heaps, but it doesn't show. (That's more my metabolism, but i've never felt "fat" really.)

Convienience really Smiley Very Happy

Edit: I posted it twice. hehe

Builder

What are some things you like about your body?

I like my arms, which might seem kind of weird, but they're very arm-like and help me do lots of things like lifting and clapping and dancing.

tumblr_inline_mvfuym2A5D1qd9yoe.gif

I like my legs too, because they are very leg-like and let me run around and play soccer and not miss my bus. Also my hair, but only really in the mornings after I've showered when it cooperates with me. It's get's a little disobedient when it's dry Smiley Tongue

Super star contributor

Best make @Ben-RO do a VO2max test then we'll see who is laughing Smiley LOL (me!!!)

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

I also like my body's strength endurance chin ups and push ups. I even have biceps that show yet I don't do bicep curls Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

edit: can withstand the cold. Often wear shorts when it's like 12 degrees in winter Smiley Tongue

Community Manager

Hahah i will not be able to laugh during or after a VO2 max test @loves netball Smiley Tongue 

Okay time for one last Q and also for everyone to say goodnight cause it's nearly the end of the chat! But you can always come back later and answer any of the questions in the chat or continue the conversation  Smiley Happy 

Why do people find it difficult to identify positive aspects of their body?

Builder

I also wear shorts in winter @loves netball. Sometimes it's a bad choice though, and I end up totally freezing Smiley Tongue

That's an awesome list of positives you've made, too Smiley Very Happy

Super star contributor

We've talked about this stuff before but no one wants to come across cocky. People bag out others who love themselves. 

And I guess the pressure of having to have the PERFECT body. Not sure what that is though

Builder

I think we're all our harshest critics, and we often judge ourselves way more than anyone else does. So that might be why it's difficult. On the other hand, it must just be that we're all so humble...

Builder

I now personally, i'm afraid. Afraid that someone will think i'm too confident or think i'm up myself etc. just for being ablle to say something. 

It can aslo be hard to find things we like because of the constant drilling into our brains that we need to "fix" ourselves from the media.

Super star contributor

@Ben-RO still waiting for an answer to a joke/ question I made Friday about you @Ngaio-RO. I challenge you to do a beep test against me!! Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL (I'll run away and hide).

I think I'm about to disappear for the night!

Top High Fived Authors