Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Can we be your study buddy?

Here's the awesome video about procrastination that @RevzZ is talking about Smiley Happy 

Mod

@Ben-RO I use Pomodoro as well! I have the worst sense of time so it also helps me keep track of time

@RevzZ Hey!! I think I've seen that talk, I definitely remember the monkey and dark playground thing

Builder

How do you study? What helps you get all your work done?

Ah, simple fact is I dont often get all my work done so thats why I'm here haha
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Hi everyone! 

I'm more a learn by reading person so obviously... I read stuff. I don't find writing and rewriting out heaps of notes super helpful for me, but I know it helps many. I just take their beautifully collated notes and read/learn from those. It's not cheating, it's being "resourceful"! Smiley Happy

Also, it helps me to be organised, plan ahead and write lists of what I need to do. Being able to see in front of me what I need to get done helps me feel less overwhelmed when it feels like a lot of things in my head, and being able to tick things off as you go feels amazing! 

Mod

@Ben-RO Yes! I've done the Pomodoro method too! Although the 5 minute break sometimes extends itself haha
Mod

How do you study? What helps you get all your work done?

I've been struggling with study lately, but usually I like listening to nature sounds or classical music to keep myself calm. I find it hard to study at home with so many distractions so I tend to go to the library. Regular breaks for short walks and healthy snacks are super helpful too

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@j95 Hahaha well hopefully you learn some useful stuff here! 

And welcome @lokifish and @Randomness!! I'm definitely a list person, especially with bigger tasks or assignments that take a while. You feel so accomplished when you finish a bunch of small things, rather than stressing over one big thing

Mod

Yeah I've tried pomodoro too but 5 minutes is way too short for a break Smiley Tongue 10-15 minutes works well for me Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@j95 Nothing wrong with that! I'm hoping to pick up a few tips too! 

Community Manager

Ooh so we have a few list makers, and some people aren't Pomodoro fans, some are! 

Top High Fived Authors