Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Can we be your study buddy?

@j95 different people have different learning styles! Have you ever tried studying in a different way? Like for example talking to someone about a topic? 

Super frequent scribe

1. How do you study? What helps you get all your work done?

I am the same as Ben in terms of incentives. The past couple of nights I tried to remind myself that I could watch some Netflix, or read a book that night. I'm not sure how effective it is, but I still get work done - so perhaps it does help!

I also find studying with my best friend helps me get work done. For example, today we got a whole assignment done in one day. So, I think that works at least!

And need I say it? Coffee? 

Mod

I often find studying hard, particularly as my degree is really intense with lots of contact hours and then more study and assignments when I get home. It feels never ending! Sometimes even starting is hard and I just twant a holiday. 

Mod

Do you find it easy to study? Or is it a bit more challenging for you?

I don't know about anyone else but I've had the strange phase where high school made studying fun but uni made studying less fun. I've got to admit that sometimes when I'm stimulated by interesting content or motivated by a talk or something, I'll get a temporary boost. A long lasting one is definitely the harder one to find. I can testify that Quizup has made it more fun because it still forces me to think up questions, which made me go through the content anyway.

However, studying has always been easy for me but the motivation to start is mainly the problem 😔
Mod

@lokifish Omg wish I had those fish powers! Usually when I get overwhelmed I'm practically useless!! I can barely focus when I'm anxious.

Is studying something that's usually really nerve-wracking for you? What do you think would help you keep your anxiety at bay when you study?

Builder

Well I'm lucky I only go to TAFE once a week and some of the tasks we get assessed on are hands on stuff, unfortunately not all of them.
I haven't really, I've learnt a lot of what I know on the job but when it comes to the written stuff or reading stuff I haven't found a suitable option @Ben-RO
To be honest though, my preferred option would be no work at all
Community Manager

@j95 not gonna lie, sometimes i feel exactly the same way, what motivates you to keep going? 

Mod

@Randomness Yeah, I understand that. For science subjects, they always tell you that you need to study 3 hours for every hour of lecture so it never feels like you have a free spare moment sometimes.
Mod

@Randomness that sounds really intense! I'd probably feel that way too with that kind of workload. What do you do normally to stay on top of things?

@RevzZ I actually experienced that the other way around! Although I went from studying highschool subjects I didn't really care about to studying uni subjects I was passionate about, so it probably had more to do with motivation for me

Mod

@safari93 yeah I'm ridiculously perfectionistic so studying is really anxiety provoking for me. Usually I try and work on challenging those thoughts and rewarding myself when I do little bits of study to help boost my mood a bit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Top High Fived Authors