Mod

Re: [CHAT] Can we be your study buddy?

I'm getting pretty tired so I'm actually going to head off now. Thanks for having me @Ben-RO @safari93. I'll read through the rest of the thread tomorrow Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Super frequent scribe

Yep! I'm a reader/writer too!

It is not difficult at all to fill 10+ pages worth of notes. Especially when you studying history and science!
Mod

Go @j95! Sometimes keeping the big picture in mind is the best motivation

@RevzZ I find tea to be quite calming as well! And I also did the pretend assessment date trick to make sure I didn't do anything to the last minute. It sort of failed, since I just did everything to the last minute of the pretend date, but at least then I had time to go back and edit things

Builder

also just taking a look at how far I've already come, I've made it through plenty of times I just wanted to throw in the towel and give up on my apprenticeship but I made it through that and I can make it through again
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

What makes it easier for you to stay focused and motivated when you study?

Feeling like i am getting somewhere. Which for me means breaking things into little goals. If i feel like the task is HUGE then i can feel a bit overwhelmed, especially because like @lokifish i can become quite the perfectionist. Over time I've learned to just get things done and that sometimes things have to be perfect, but a lot of the time it's better to finish it and think about what you can improve, rather than trying to get it just right on the first go. Learning to do things that way has helped me feel way more motivated, because instead of some kind of crazy goal that's hard to hit, i have an easier goal that I can then build on... hopefully that kinda makes sense Smiley Tongue

Mod

Goodnight @lokifish!! Thanks for coming out to the session tonight!!

@Super_Me I definitely agree with the fact that the stress that the "HD or the highway" mentality can be really harmful!

Mod

@safari93 Well, one step at a time. Could definitely see it as editing time which wouldn't have existed without having done that.
Builder

What makes it easier for you to stay focused and motivated when you study?

Sorry I'm late.

Not much...

Sometimes I'm in the mood and I'll just work non stop and if I'm not I'll sit in class and do absolutely nothing.

Music tends to help and also having the people around me on task as well, if they're distracted I'm most likely going to be distracted as well.

Going into year 11 next year I'd better fix up my game.

Community Manager

HEEEYYYYY @FootyFan26!!!!

Mod

Heyhey @FootyFan26!! It is definitely easier to study when you're in the mood, but it isn't always like that when you need to study. Hopefully tonight helps you out with that!

Top High Fived Authors