Builder

Re: [CHAT] Can we be your study buddy?

I like to break it into steps rather than I have a four year work & study load... because thats a long time, thats just under 1/5th of my life so far!
So I break it down into the four years, and then maybe even 6 month blocks, like ok I'm over half way through year 2 right now and only have less than 6 months until year 3 (although not really the case I have to redo some stuff but not the point....)
Mod

Let's talk a bit more about study related struggles - and how we learned from them:

Have you ever struggled to get all your school, uni or TAFE work done? How did you cope?

Mod

Running low on 3G data so I'm off too. Thanks for the discussion and have fun with the rest!
Mod

Goodnight @RevzZ!! Thanks for coming to GR!!

Builder

hey @FootyFan26 nice to see you, i feel like its been ages
Builder

Have you ever struggled to get all your school, uni or TAFE work done? How did you cope?

Fuck yeah!  It's holidays at the moment and I still have things I have to do that should've been done before the holidays.  I coped by acting like I didn't care and distracting myself from it which resulted in a whole lots of failed SACs.  Definitely not saying it's the right way of coping but that's how I cope anyway.

Creating a time and space to do it has been helpful though, it just doesn't happen very often.

Community Manager

Yep, so many times. Definitely "coped" by pulling a few all nighters in my time, which is probs not very good. And I have failed a couple of courses in my time too, derp. I am a bit better at coping now, but i sure learned the hard way! These days i cope by trying to keep things a bit more balanced. I still finish stuff in a huge rush though, i think it's just how i am wired. But these days i make sure the rush happens a little bit before the deadline, rather than when whatever it is is due. That way if something breaks, or i get sick, it's okay because i have a bit of a buffer before i crash into the deadline Smiley Tongue 
Mod

I really struggled the most in school, since I didn't really start studying till year 12, and had to deal with tutoring classes as well as school. I eventually made it through with all the work I needed to do, but it took some prioritising and talking to tutors so I didn't get too much work to do

Builder

Same here @j95...
Community Manager

Oh and i coped by asking for help! It's okay to ask for extensions, and things like having some mental health stuff going on are totally legitimate reasons to ask for some more time. 

Top High Fived Authors