Mod

Re: [CHAT] Can we be your study buddy?

I feel like we're sort of heading towards this question, so let's just get it out!

How do you look after yourself when you’re also dealing with a study load?

Community Manager

@FootyFan26 i am definitely also that kind of person too hahaha. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stuff that's happening on the forums:
Mod

Also it is great to be open with your teachers if you do have issues. Teachers are people too and they understand if you are unwell and unable to complete an assignment on time. Don't be afraid to ask for help, that's what they are there for. Plus when I was in high school I found the website boredofstudies.org to be a great place to talk about syllabus and ask questions about what we learning.

@Super_Me check out zennioptical.com I am also a poor uni student who needs to wear glasses all the time. Zenni optical have great cheap frames and all you need is your prescription. I have had atleast 15 pairs from them so far with four changes in prescription.

Couldn't help but laugh at this!
Mod

The important thing for me to remember is to not do too much too quickly. Apart from the fact that doing too much means you're probably not paying attention to the work you're doing, you're also going to tire yourself out and potentially become frustrated and exhausted by the huge amount of effort you're putting in. Structuring study sessions is important for that, as well as keeping little things around like food or videos to watch during breaks

Builder

@FootyFan26 I give myself a break after getting my pen and paper out!!
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Take time to reward yourself after completing an assignment. It's very important to not overload yourself with too much work, so take some time to have a little reward for your efforts. Have a nice dinner, a bath, do something that makes you feel good, because you deserve it after working so hard Smiley Happy

The answer i guess is kind of in the question: Look after yourself! 

It can be really tempting to pull all nighters, skip things you do to look after yourself like exercising or eating reasonably healthy stuff. Okay so maybe you might need an extra late night or an extra coffee - or three, but try and make up the sleep you lost, try and balance all the sugary study food with something a little more healthy so you keep your body nourished. 

Hmm while writing my answer to this question i kind of  thought of another question: is it okay to pull an all- nighter sometimes? Can you be a little bit unhealthy and still be looking afteryourself? If so, where do you draw the line? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stuff that's happening on the forums:
Mod

@FootyFan26 No you are certainly not alone in that. 

Truthfully I feel this is something I could be doing better at. For me it's really important to take breaks regularly and make sure to do other things I enjoy, otherwise study can get really overwhelming. I make sure I go places other university and my house and try to see/contact people regularly. I enjoy clearing my head with a walk up in the bush or beach somewhere when I can. I like chilling out listening to music or watching a good TV show and or watch a quick YouTube video during short study breaks, being careful not to fall into the YouTube wormhole for several hours! 

Builder

• Taking loads of breaks!
  • Make time for sport or recreational activities
  • Talk with people and discuss it
  • Remember that it's not the end of the world if my work isn't 100%
  • Get sleep

I'm in year 10 so I feel like most of you guys are in Uni now so I probs have it much easier + totally different schedule

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count