Mod

Re: [CHAT]: Feel Good Feb - Being Kind

One time I was out to lunch with my mum and grandma and when we went to pay we were told that someone at another table had already taken care of our bill. My faith in humanity was temporarily restored right then Smiley Tongue 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

[ Edited ]

Have you ever received a random act of kindness? Tell us about it!

When people let me go in front of them when getting off a bus, I see that as a random act of kindness

Also, recently I said hi to a taxi driver who was sitting outside his taxi. I knew he was the uncle of a friend I knew about 10 years ago, and I think he might have remembered me talking to her once? Anyway I said hi and asked about his niece whom I haven't seen for a long time, and he said she was well. Then he gave me advice like continue your education and stuff to find a good job later on and I thought that was really nice of him because I'm pretty much a stranger to him and he cared about my future in a way? He was friendly and it made my day Smiley Happy

And during the first week of my first year in uni I met second year in a workshop thing and after the workshop he gave me his email so I could ask him any questions I had about uni, and that was really nice!

Builder

I also can't really think of anything specific right now. People say nice things to me sometimes, but is that a random act of kindess or like a random sentence of kindess? Hmm.

Community Manager

I mean i guess a sentence is an act, so i think it counts @roseisnotaplant!

Is it just me, or it harder to remember good things people did than not so good things that people did? 

Builder

@Ben-RO You know I think it actually is harder to remember good things people do than bad things people do which is kind of sad Smiley Sad

Builder

That was a downer, have a cat meme Smiley Tongue

Funny-Christmas-Cat-Meme-241.jpg

Mod

Ooooh, I just thought of another one: a few weeks back, I ordered a small hot chocolate from the café near my work. However, the barista had some chocolate left over, so he gave me a medium for no extra charge. Day made!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

[ Edited ]

Fun fact (or "Fun" fact, depending on how you look at it):

Short, acute bursts of stress have been shown to enhance memory, which probably accounts for why we remember that one time a stranger cussed us out on the street better than all those times our parents tucked us into bed when we were kids, or read us bedtime stories, etc.

bill nye

Community Manager

@roseisnotaplant i think it's part of how our brains are wired, which makes being happy tricky Smiley Tongue But with a bit of practice we can get better at noticing nice things. I am thinking maybe I want to set up some kind of thread where i can notice nice things that happened or nice people did. AND another one where we can write once nice thing we did for someone else each day, although for you folks you'd have that sorted just with all the nice things you do for each other already Smiley Tongue 

Mod

[ Edited ]

@roseisnotaplant yeah it's hard to remember specific things... once I thought of just writing these things down to remember later when I'm feeling down but I don't know where I put that. Maybe i'll start again

also cute meme!

Top High Fived Authors