Community Manager

Re: [CHAT]: Feel Good Feb - Being Kind

Nice one @roseisnotaplant!!!!

Mod

What acts of kindness have you seen others do or have you done yourself?

Hmm, that's a bit easier to answer, since I'd say that a lot of the acts I get (and give) aren't entirely random (not that makes them any less). Like, there was this one time when my friends let me hog an entire room in the bomb shelter we were staying in (it's a long story) so I could rehearse my speech for this big work presentation I had that week. Which was pretty considerate of them, considering that there were like 30 of us staying together and the room I was in was one of two places where we could actually get water. I think I ended up spending like 15 hours in there over two days, just constantly pacing and rehearsing out loud.

...although, in retrospect they might've also just been trying to avoid that one reclusive nutjob who wouldn't stop talking to himself till like 3 in the morning. 

mad

Builder

@Ben-RO I always find when people smile at me nice. Although I think some people do find it annoying. Each to their own I guess. If you're putting the effort in that's all that counts!
Mod

What acts of kindness have you seen others do or have you done yourself?

@Alison5 i appreciate a smile from a stranger Smiley Happy

Other acts of kindness: people helping someone move a pram onto the train; people helping someone who has fainted on the train; conversations with someone living on the streets; donating money to charity organisations; people volunteering to support a good cause; giving a little package to someone living on the streets that has socks, water bottle, bandaids, food

Builder

Next question!!!

What sort of things motivate people to be kind? Does it matter if someone performs a kind act simply to receive praise from others? (Eg: filming and sharing it on social media)

Mod

nice thread @roseisnotaplant!

Personally, I love it when people smile at me @Ben-RO so I think that definitely counts!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

I'm heading off for the night, being an early bird as usual! Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the lovely chat, keep being kind! Smiley Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

What sort of things motivate people to be kind?

Being nice to people can make them feel better and you feel better, so it's kind of a win win scenario. Maybe if you notice someone's having a tough day, you might do a random act of kindess for them to make them feel better. Really I think the motivation to be kind can come from lots of places.

Does it matter if someone performs a kind act simply to receive praise from others? (Eg: filming and sharing it on social media)

Eh, this is a tricky one. I think ultimately it doesn't matter because putting more positivity into the world is a good thing even if it might not come from the right place. Curious to know what other people think about this one.

Builder

What sort of things motivate people to be kind? Does it matter if someone performs a kind act simply to receive praise from others? (Eg: filming and sharing it on social media)

I think the sense of satisfaction from within yourself is a motivator (well it is for me). Actually noticing and witnessing the change in someone after you help them.

Those people that do it for various accolades still do a great job, but it's those people that just do it, regardless of who sees it, that I think are the true kind people.

Mod

good night @letitgo! thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors