Builder

[CHAT] Gender and Sexuality!?

As we all know, people come in all sorts of colours, shapes, sizes, and shoes. People come from all sorts of towns, cities, cultures and fandoms. And people all sit somewhere on the wide and diverse spectrums of gender and sexuality.

imagesZHN7HLVP.jpg

Loads of people struggle with their gender and sexuality, and that’s totally normal. Sometimes it can take years to figure out exactly who or what you are.

e57abe0ea633cd2233487485ae17ddcd0343b12472709b8a864b3bf25192b962_1.jpg

It’s important we continue to work towards promoting acceptance and understanding of the LGBT+ community in our society. Young people in the LGBT+ community are up to three times more likely to experience mental illness than their peers, and up to 80 percent of homophobic bullying happens in schools. There is a long way to go, but it’s also important to remember that we’re making progress, even when it seems a bit like we’re taking one step forward and two steps back (if you don’t believe me check out this awesome thread.)

Word-Vomit.gif

Being a part of the LGBT+ community can sometimes be tough, but it can also sometimes be super great. If you want to discuss the ups and the downs of being LGBT+ and what it’s all about,  join us here on Monday 6th March at 8pm AEDT, or click 'Reply' to start the chat now!

Super star contributor

Re: [CHAT] Gender and Sexuality!?

I am assuming unless you fit into the category, you're not allowed to join? Except I'd like to because I've grown up around a lot people with homophobic type views.

Builder

You can totally join @loves netball Smiley Very Happy Everyone welcome as always.

Builder

@loves netball you can definitely join in 😀
Super star contributor

I'd probably get in trouble if I did though Smiley Sad
Builder

The GR is open to everyone even if the topic isn't directly related to them. We can learn from many different perspectives @loves netball
Super star contributor

I am so here for this @roseisnotaplant Smiley Happy As long as I can remember lol. 

@loves netball I think it'd be great to have you join in Smiley Happy

Builder

Hi everyone! Welcome to tonight's GR chat about gender and sexuality! This may be something some of you have personally experienced, or something you might like to know more about Smiley Very Happy

As always, please remember our community guidelines during the discussion tonight Smiley Happy

If at any point tonight you feel distressed or like you need to talk to someone, please contact KHL (1800 55 1800), Lifeline (13 11 14) or 1800 RESPECT.

Lets chat!

Mod

Hey everyone, really looking forward to tonights chat! Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Time for the first Q of the night!

What do gender and sexuality mean to you, what's the difference between the two? 

Top High Fived Authors