Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Gender and Sexuality!?

Ahhh helloooo everybody!!!!! @roseisnotaplant @Chessca_H @DruidChild @redhead !!!!

Community Manager

THIS sums it all up for me Smiley Tongue 

I also like it because it involves unicorns Smiley Happy 

genderunicorn1.jpg

Mod

What do gender and sexuality mean to you, what's the difference between the two? 

I think the difference between the two (and really how I define them) is that gender identity relates to identity within yourself alone, whereas sexuality is related to your relationship to other people. Pretty general, but I think it works Smiley Tongue
Builder

What do gender and sexuality mean to you, what's the difference between the two? 

Sexuality is your relationship with how you feel sexually or romntically towards other people (if that makes sense). Gender is complicated, but I'll have a crack. It's how you feel you fit into gender constructs? I think? I don't know Smiley Tongue It's important to recognise that gender and sexuality aren't the same thing and aren't nesacarily related.

Mod

@Ben-RO That graphic is so good, I'm still not over it!

Builder

Hello, I might pop in and out tonight.
Mod

@roseisnotaplant so much yes on gender and sexuality not being the same thing! It surprises me how many people still think that. Why do you think it's still so widely thought?

Mod

Hey @Alison5, glad you can join us! Smiley Happy

Builder

@Chessca_H Hmm. It's probably got to do with stereotypes or just how people are traditionally seen or judged based on how they identify.

Super star contributor

I'm late sorry!! But hi everyone Smiley Happy 

Gender to me is about the way that you feel inside and how you relate to yourself and to other people. Whereas sexuality is who you're attracted or fall in love with. I once read a cool thing that said 'sexuality is who you want to wake up with in the morning, and gender is who you want to wake up as.' I liked that Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors