Mod

Re: [CHAT] Gender and Sexuality!?

How important is it to you to find a sexuality/gender label that suits you?

The funny thing about this Q is that my first reaction in my head was "well really important, obviously!" as if that would be the same for everyone, bu the more I think about it the more I realise how different it is for everyone! For me identifyig as bisexual is really important to me, but for another person attracted to multiple genders it might not even cross their radar!

Super frequent scribe

hahaha I love it! I actually hate spicy food, but the word itself is fabulous Smiley Very Happy

Mod

Hey @May_!

Mod

[ Edited ]

I think you people have covered the difference between gender/sexuality pretty damn well.

How important is it to you to find a sexuality/gender label that suits you?
Sometimes I think it is important other times I think it isn't. I feel like we are all somewhere on a spectrum and this can change from day to day - and I feel that a label doesn't account for the changes that well. Maybe that's just me....I guess we will never know how other people feel Smiley Tongue 

Mod

@spicyunicorn wow, it sounds like you've been on quite a journey when it comes to identity. I'm glad you've come to a place where you're happy with your relationship to it Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

@Chessca_Hnaw thank you! It's a crazy long journey but I think that's really the magnificence of humankind, that uniqueness and variability, and the discovery of it

Mod

@May_ I guess our relationship to labels can be just as fluid as sexuality itself for some people Smiley Happy

Mod

@spicyunicorn I agree so much - personality/the person as a whole is the most important thing with attraction for me. It's great that you feel like you are at a place where you have learnt to go with the flow a bit more Smiley Happy
Super star contributor

It is really beautiful @spicyunicorn Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing some of your story with us!

Mod

This is a seriously great chat guys, so many interesting answers!

If you feel like sharing (it's totally okay if you don't want to) what do you identify as? 

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count