Highlighted
Builder

[CHAT] Getting Back Into Nature

Remember when you were a little kid and you would spend time running around in the back yard, or splashing in the ocean despite the arctic temperature, or climbing trees much to the horror and worry of nearby adults? Unfortunately, with school and work and other responsibilities, a lot of us don’t get to spend as much time outdoors anymore.

24-I-never-noticed-how-beautiful-nature-was-meme.jpg

Spending time in nature, however, can be super great for our wellbeing. I know that a lot of people go for a walk, a run, or a surf when they’re feeling low, and it helps them to chill out.

c9a039a58acf9655e77e8102b024c692.gif

If you want to talk more about nature and its effect on our wellbeing, come and chat with us this Monday 24th of April at 8:00pm AEST!

Community Manager

Re: [CHAT] Getting Back Into Nature

Hey everyone!  Welcome to tonight's chat! As always feel free to say hi, even if you don't feel like answering any questions, also remember to hit that refresh key every now and again or you'll lose track of the convo! 

Mod

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

Builder

Hey Everyone!

Tonight, we are talking about nature, what it feels like to be in nature and some positives and negatives of nature!

If at all you find this conversation difficult, distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to call lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800).

If you are new or need a refresher of our community guidelines, you can find them here.

If you're following alone quietly, welcome!  Feel free to join in and have a chat with us or just say hello if that's what you feel comfortable with.  Remember there are no wrong answers and anyone aged 14-25 is welcome! HeartCat Very Happy
Builder

First question is up!

1. What is nature? What makes it different to not-nature?

Mod

One word. Freedom. The quietness of it is absolutely lovely and even when there are noises, they feel more....natural. I'm not the only one who feels this I reckon?
Builder

Nature is somewhere outside of urban areas that doesn't have buildings and lots of big buildings sticking out of the ground.  I guess it's quiet and animals are more likely to be there because there isn't as much pollution or traffic or noise or anything really.  It's a section of the environment that I guess is unchanged and doesn't have many man made things on it.

That was a mouthful Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Nature just happens, not-nature is made in some way... although sometimes we can make nature happen, by literally planting the seeds.... so maybe that's a kind of organised nature? Hmmm this is tricky!

Not-nature are things that are organised, constructed and generally not part of an ecosystem.... generally... i think... 

Mod

When I think of nature, I think of trees, green, leaves, flowers, countryside, animals... just anything that isn't built by people. Not-nature = things built/made by people e.g. buildings, roads, cars, etc.

But would parks be part of nature? I feel like they are but people designed and made them as well...

Mod

@Ben-RO

so i guess parks are like an organised nature!

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count