Post Mod

Re: [CHAT]: How pets affect our mental health.

@N1ghtW1ng Yes! You and FOOD alright! They do love their food, that's for sure!

Community Manager

OMG SO MANY CUTE FLOOFS

Seems to me like most people are dog fans here. Hmmm 

Post Mod

*waves* Hi Bailey! She looks adorable @Stealth_ninja! I agree, pets are great, that their love is unconditional and they don't care whether you've had a good day or bad day, whatever. Take you as you are really. I think people, learn a lot about caring for something because of pets, especially as a kid.

Mod

What’s so good about having a pet anyway?

Something that I've noticed (both in real life and in this thread so far) is that people light up when they talk about their pets. Smiley Happy

Heaps of research studies have shown that pets are wonderful for our mental and physical health. Pets can reduce feelings of loneliness, get us out of the house (to walk the dog etc), and give us a sense of purpose to look after another living creature. Plus they give you unconditional love - it's pretty special to come home after a long, tough day and have your floof be super excited to see you!

@Stealth_ninja Bailey looks so cute omg

Builder

[ Edited ]

14031069_1217844161571126_935390451_n.jpg

This is Bailee!!

For me, the benefits of owning a pet are endless, here are just some...

• Emotional support, I know that if I'm upset they comfort me, they don't talk but just having them there helps. I know that won't judge me or say anything mean back to me, they are just kind creatures.
  • They ease lonliness
  • They warm up my bed
  • I have made friends through going out with my dogs, I recently joined a dog walking group where we meet at a central spot and take our dogs on an adventure
  • They're a good preparation in terms of responsiblity 
  • They are always excited to see me when it seems like nobody else is
  • They are my family! 
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

@khaleesi_18 It is amazing how excited they get to see you! And yes, I know I certainly light up when I talk about Maggie.

Builder

haha @Stealth_ninja same name different spelling!
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

@j95 Bailee looks like such a sweetheart! That's an awesome list of benefits Smiley Happy

Next question time!

How do they help us be more mentally healthy?

Mod Squad

Sorry I'm late!

Tell us a bit about your pets? If you don’t have pets, tell us what sort of pet you would like!

I have two cats who now live with my ex Smiley Sad But it's okay because I know they are in good hands. I miss them to bits. I'd like to get a cat when I move to a place that will allow pets. Here are their pics. The white cat is Umrao and the tuxedo kitty is Buddy. They are extremely affectionate, gentle and very playful. I got them from the local animal shelter when they were little (they are not siblings) and luckily, they got along Smiley Happy

Umrao.jpgBuddy.jpg

What's so good about having pets anyway?

They give unconditional love and are always there for you no matter what mood you're in. They never judge you and they always want to be around you Smiley Happy In other words, they make you feel really good. It's the best when they snuggle with you because then you don't need a hot water bottle Smiley Wink

Community Manager

oooh we have a Bailee and a Bailey ! @j95 @Stealth_ninja

Top High Fived Authors