Post Mod

Re: [CHAT]: How pets affect our mental health.

@j95 Family, I agree. I feel like pets are family too. Family can come in all kinds of shapes and forms, pets and animal creatures being one of them! Smiley Happy

Community Manager

So cute @Mona-RO

Builder

I get ham freshly sliced off the bone for my dogs, every single day and all I have to do is say
"i think its...." and they are already up on their feet, waiting for ham, it used to just "i think its time for ham" but its become such a thing now that they just know, they know the sound of me unwrapping it!
Builder

They really are my family, if I ever had to get rid of them I don't know how I'd cope, I treat them like they're my children haha
Mod Squad

@j95 my aunt's dog Sparky would come rushing into the kitchen no matter where he was as soon as heard the cookie jar lid being lifted. It was sooooooo funny and adorable Smiley Very Happy

Mod

omg @j95!!! Your Bailee is soo adorable! How cute Smiley Very Happy Yes i completely agree with you they are like family, early this year my Bailey was hit by a car. Luckily it was only a bounce off the tyre but i had to take her to the vet hospital and I can tell you I really really felt and realised how much of my family she really is. The whole energy in our house has changed since we got a dog, it has really done a lot i think for both my brother and I just happier?

Post Mod

How do they help us be more mentally healthy?

Pets are always there for you, so you can be emotion you like, and they still love you. I think animals can sense too when something isn't quite right, you know? I know Maggie, for instance always knows when something is up with me and I need some attentian and a cuddle! So intutive. Also they teach us a lot, about how to look after someone and if we apply that to ourselves, I guess in turn they aid us in looking after our own wellbeing.

Mod

@Mona-RO our puppy Odin will run straight to the food bins after jumping and licking you after you go outside. He just sits there with his butt shaking (because he's wagging his tail), so excitedly Smiley Tongue

Also, sorry guys but I'm going to go! One, my laptop is about to run out of charge and also because I should probably eat dinner and I'm not feeling all the crash hot. Maybe the cat will come and cuddle after I put my laptop away! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

@Mona-RO they look so cute! That's a shame that you can't see them as much though. Sparky sounds like such a character!

Builder

yeah I know what you mean @Stealth_ninja my first dog got hit by a car last year and had to be put down
Smiley Sad
Top High Fived Authors