Mod Squad

Re: [CHAT]: How pets affect our mental health.

How do they help us be more mentally healthy?

Other than giving love so we feel better, they bring us back to the present moment. It's awfully hard being lost in your own world when there's a furball wanting to play with you or give you kisses and cuddles.

"I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them cats."

Eckhart Tolle

Post Mod

@Stealth_ninja I must agree with you about pets reminding you of how important the little things in life can be and how we don't place as much value in them as we should. They're wise, these animals aren't they?! Smiley Tongue

Builder

I sleep with the dogs on the bed, most nights, and sometimes I have woken up in the middle night with either Sid or Bailee's face so close to mine I can feel them breathing, I'm like you're awake and staring at me, this isn't weird at all....
Mod

@Ben-RO @Mona-RO pets can be awesome helpers with mindfulness! It's hard to focus on your thoughts when there's a schnauzer trying to steal the socks from your feet

Builder

and its usually because they want that stupid ham haha
Post Mod

@j95 haha. They can have some weird little ways aye and do some very strange things sometimes! It is so cute that they obviously adore you so much, they want to be that close. Shows you, you that you aren't the only one that really loves another. Your pets adore you too! Smiley Very Happy

Builder

Apparently Bailee has been howling at night time cause I haven't been there... I'm getting snapchat updates more than once daily but I'm still feeling some separation anxiety
Post Mod

@khaleesi_18 So useful with mindfulness and living in the present, here and now sort of thing. I think that's very much our animals and pets are...they live in the here and now and for food too of course! Smiley Tongue

Mod Squad

I wonder what pets dream about - more food I suppose??

Community Manager

So, what can you do if you can't own a pet right now? How do you get a fix? 

What can people do if they can't have a pet?

Top High Fived Authors