Builder

Re: [CHAT]: How pets affect our mental health.

Me dogs probably just dream about me, ham and the park @Mona-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

All good things to dream about @j95 and you make their dreams come true Smiley Wink

Mod

@j95aww poor thing - I bet Bailee will be so excited when you get home though!

@Mona-RO or running in the park? Missy's paws twitch when she dreams sometimes and we like to think she's thinking of chasing other dogs in the park

Builder

What can people do if they can't have a pet?

I'm very lucky that although I'm in a rental property, I can still have dogs!
I know that my dog social group I just joined welcomes those who don't have dogs but just want to hang out with new people and some furbabies, so that's a suggestion! Also volunteering at the pound or shelter so you can still hang out with animals and look after them but just not take any of them home.
Also offer to pet sit while people go away! or even just offer to walk their dog for them once a week or something
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

What can people do if they can't have a pet?

When I lived near a dog park I used to go waking near there and if a dog happened to run up to me that was all good. 

And YouTube, always new cat videos to be watched and laughed at. 

Post Mod

@khaleesi_18 Maggie's little feet do the same thing when she's sleeping! I bet they're chasing other dogs or something.

And Maggie has just made an appearance. I'm eating tea and she's come to make sure I haven't dropped anything!  haha Smiley Tongue

Mod

Hey guys I dont think Im going to last the rest of the chat. Really sorry, im so tired been up since 4:30am. Really need the pillow. This conversation has made me really happy and I had an extra cuddle with my dog, I hope the rest of you are as well. As for the quesiton about what to do when you can't have a pet - invade dog parks, hang out with your friends dogs and also my dog is available for cuddle appointments if you need Smiley Tongue haha 

Really loved this chat and i hope that all of you have a good night and some lovely sleep. Chat soon.

x

Community Manager

The RSPCA is pretty awesome although it can take a little while before you get to hang out with the dogs all the time !

You can inquire about volunteering here

Builder

[ Edited ]

@Stealth_ninja take care sleep well

Mod Squad

What can people do if they don't have pets?

1. They can hang out with their friend's or neighbour's pets.
  2. They can offer to petsit when owners are away.
  3. They can volunteer at an animal shelter.
  4. They can go to places like this Cat Cafe in Melbourne and get their fix.
Top High Fived Authors