Post Mod

Re: [CHAT]: How pets affect our mental health.

@Ben-RO I was just going to suggest the RSCPA or an animal shelter. They always need help somehow so not only are you helping a good cause, you're getting some dose of animal awesomeness Smiley Happy

@Stealth_ninja Hope you sleep well. Enjoy cuddles too!

Mod

What can people do if they can't have a pet?

So many awesome answers to this question! YouTube, going to dog parks/dog beaches, going to friends' houses that have pets, even going to the zoo!

@j95 volunteering at an animal shelter is a wonderful idea Smiley Happy you get to interact with cute animals AND give back to the community a bit - both wins!

No worries @Stealth_ninja - thanks for joining us! Hope you get some good sleep - well deserved by the sounds. Heart

Post Mod

@Mona-RO Wait...just hang on a minute?! Melbourne has an actual like...cafe and stuff! Awesome! Wish I wasn't in WA haha!

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@Butterfly Wings i used to support a person living with an intellectual disability to volunteer at the RSPCA, one of our jobs was called "welcome mats" 

Basically we had a big pile of welcome mats and we had to rub them on the goats that were at the RPCA (which the goats loved) 

Then we gave the now smelly welcome mats to the dogs, and the dogs were SO happy, they'd spend like a whole hour rolling around on the mats Smiley Tongue 

It was weird, but also really fun and awesome Smiley Happy 

Mod

@Mona-RO ahh Cat Cafe - how could I forget?!

Builder

That cat cafe is so cool! I haven't been there but I have heard it is awesome
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Yes @Butterfly Wings there's actually a place like that. I haven't been there yet but it's so good to know that option exists Smiley Very Happy

@khaleesi_18 have you been there?

Community Manager

I've been to the Cat cafe @j95! It's great! Pro tip, don't go during school holidays, the cats are super bored of human company Smiley Tongue 

Builder

I probably would be too! @Ben-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Next time I go to Melbourne I'm so going to the cat cafe!
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count