Mod

[CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

7e2cce_7a07bc3597b14826b25ec4be4b6fb42c-mv2.jpg

We've all felt that feeling at some point: the butterflies, the racing heart, the tossing and turning in bed at 3am as your brain replays every embarrassing moment of your life. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to get past the anxiety and tackle the scary stuff in life. So if you're finding yourself feeling like our mate Charlie Brown (see above), join us live on Monday November 21st at 8pm AEDT or hit 'reply' to start the conversation now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Re: [CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

Heya Everyone!

Tonight we are talking all things fear!

^ Okay, not that fear, but basically what the character represents.

As always, if you are new to ReachOut or are just need a refresher on what our Community Guidelines are, you can find them here.

If at any stage during this discussion, you feel distressed, overwhelmed or needing to talk to someone during tonight’s conversation, please do not hesitate to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, or Kids Helpline on their chat service (or 1800 55 1800).

So ...

We know that fear is part of everyday life, but what is it? What are some of yours?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

I'd say fear is... the feeling of unpleasantness, panic or apprehension generally centred on an immediate threat. That turned into a really clinical defintion - sorry!

Some of my fears are:

Making a fool of myself in front of other people

Driving with other people in the car

Not accomplishing "enough" in my life

Not being a good friend/being able to build solid friendships.

Aaaaand I'm going to stop there otherwise I'd be here all night, haha! 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

Hey @stonepixie! Good to see you! 

We know that fear is part of everyday life, but what is it? What are some of yours?

Fear is a pretty natural response to stuff that might be dangerous, bad, unpleasant, not nice or something else in that area of things that could happen. Fear is often a thing that happens when the thing you're scared of doesn't exist, hasn't happened or might never happen. Although it is also a 100% legit and reasonable reaction a lot of the time too. 

I am scared of lots of things. The biggest ones are being squished by a truck on the way to work, leaches, angry people who don't listen and someone getting hurt when i could have helped. 

Builder

Heyyy everybuddy Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager

Sup @letitgo 

helooooooo @roseisnotaplant

Mod

Ciao, @Ben-RO and @roseisnotaplant. Glad to be chatting with you!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Hey everyone!
Builder

Howdy awesome people.

I can't describe fear, I feel like I'm afraid of everything and my anxiety gets out of control because facing fear seems to hard. I have the typical fear of heights and spiders (to the point of phobias) and I'm also scared of things like the future, failure, abandonment, losing things, disorder, new places, new people, nightmares, I could really go on lol
Community Manager

@redhead and @j95! Hey you two!

Top High Fived Authors