Builder

Re: [CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

We know that fear is part of everyday life, but what is it? What are some of yours?

Fear is perceiving something as dangerous and therefore being intimidated by it, or likely to try and avoid it as much as possible. You know, when someone asks me what my fears are I'll usually say something generic like spiders or high places, but I'm really not sure. Maybe I should do some thinking tonight...

Builder

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

We know that fear is part of everyday life, but what is it? What are some of yours?

Fear is that feeling of anticipating something awful, an uncomfortable feeling when thinking or experiencing something which you believe could go badly.

I've never been a fan of heights so I'd count that as a fear.

I can also become a little scared about losing the people I love.

Mod

I hear you @redhead. I think we're in the same fear-based boat, ahaha. Lucky life has given us a few oars and lifejackets! Smiley Tongue

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

They are some pretty awesome responses. Smiley Happy That is a pretty cool definition if I do say so, @letitgo. Nice description of what it feels like. Smiley Happy And pretty much how I would have described it.

I have fear ... fear of the marketplace Smiley Surprised Although, when under control, it shows as social anxiety.

But something I fear a lot is being burnt alive and being told I'm infertile.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Community Manager

Hey @Dani

Builder

[ Edited ]

Fear is natural and can be because of a situation that could be dangerous, uncomfortable, different.
Some of my fears are the bath plug, car accidents, getting hurt, opening myself up to then get rejected

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

I think it is safe to say that there are a broard range of fears mentioned in this chat.

Just goes to show how different we all are. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

Hmm, I have had a thought. Fear and anxiety. The same thing? Or different? (If so, how? I'm curious now lol.)

Builder

Hey @roseisnotaplant

I think fear is an emotion which everyone experiences and deals with in some way.. then anxiety is a more full on version of fear which is less common and can become problematic..

Mod

I think they are slightly different in that fear is from real danger, where as anxiety is over imaginary danger. Of course, they both occur with the other, coz well, we tend of overthink things.

Does that make sense @roseisnotaplant?

Top High Fived Authors