Builder

Re: [CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

@rosisnotaplant I consider them as different, for example I have a fear of spiders but only get anxiety near them. Fear of failure leads to anxiety over exams, tests, assignments, not being good enough etc.
Community Manager

I think there's definitely an overlap @roseisnotaplant i think fear is a bit more specific, whereas anxiety can be a very broad pile of things, including being worried or just not feeling good about stuff even if you can't quite put a finger on what thing is going wrong- perhaps because nothing is... hope that makes sense Smiley Tongue 

Mod

Ooo ... Nice explaination @redhead

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

Ooo ... Nice explaination @redhead

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

@Dani @stonepixie @redhead Cool, thanks for the clarification guys! Definitely makes sense.

Community Manager

@redhead ahhh that's clever! Fear causes anxiety or anxious thought. That makes so much sense

Now I have this in my head clearly Yoda is wrong, Fear is the path to anxiety, not the dark side

Builder

Time for the next question!

Does fear stop you from doing things? Is there anything you're currently not doing, or have lately not done, out of fear?

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

And thinking about that a bit more, i think anxiety can also just come from nowhere. It can just be a thing that your brain does. So perhaps fear is not the only path to anxiety?

Community Manager

Does fear stop you from doing things? Is there anything you're currently not doing, or have lately not done, out of fear?

My Tax, i know I will have to pay a bit back Smiley Tongue 

And yes, fear stops me doing lots of things. For example, there was a really cranky dog at the ice cream shop at the end of my street, i didn't pat it, because i was scared. This was a good thing because it means i still have two functional hands, which is very...handy. 

Builder

I'm really bad at letting my fear from me stopping to do things. I can't get stuff on my hands so I avoid things where's that possibility. I have to walk somewhere new half hour early in case I can't find it then spend half hour walking around the block so I'm not too early and won't be judged. I avoid heights or windows or buildings. Bugs freak me out and I can't move. I check my pocket at least 20 times a day so I haven't lost my keys. Some of the other stuff I do is weird caused by my anxiety. It's got to the point where they think I have ocd
Top High Fived Authors