Builder

Re: [CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

Heya @loves netball, welcome to the chat! How are you going Smiley Happy

Builder

Now that we have spoken about recent things fear stopped us from doing, what do you think you are afraid of happening?

- Rejection
- Being told what I'm saying isn't correct
- Judgment
- Trusting somebody then getting hurt by them
- Being a let down/being let down
- Getting emotionally or physically hurt

Community Manager

Hey @loves netball great to see youuu!

Builder

@stonepixie I'm amazed to hear you say public transport runs on time.... I'm baffled, it never runs on time when I need it. Except the other day when I was running to the tram stop and it was running early and left without me :') that was nice
Builder

and I guess like once I start speaking about it then I sort of have to deal with it, I can't ignore it or push it back much longer
Mod

Agoraphobia = people scare me in general.

Being burnt = that would be a fucking painful way to go.

Infertile = One of my core values is family. Although not the end of the world as I've always wanted to be a foster carer.

So basically we are scared of the consequences.

I read somewhere that most people aren't afraid of heights, they are afraid of falling. What are peoples thoughts on that?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

@j95 I feel like the same thing happens to me when I use public transport! 

Mod

Wow! I'm always so impressed by people who open up about their vulnerabilities.. and now that's got me thinking....

I'm not afraid of that much except the usual stuff - heights, spiders, public speaking - but I am still pretty terrified about shpwing my vulnerabilities.

Like today my partner read some lyrics I'd written in a notebook he gave me. And that made me feel really scared because my raw lyrics are me raw and I don't really think that's good enough to put forward until I've edited it properly. I guess I like to put forward a polished, confident, edited version of myself for fear of .... rejection probably.

Builder

That's interesting @stonepixie. I think I agree, a lot of fears are consequence driven - then again, there are a lot of totally irrational fears that are just there and don't really have consequences. Hmm.

Super star contributor

@Randomness @Ben-RO I'm not really going to join in. I'll read it later. Just not up to looking at a screen for a long time. 

Top High Fived Authors