Builder

Re: [CHAT]: How to do something that scares the shit out of you

@stonepixie my fear of heights comes from a fear of passing out due to vertigo. Like I actually get dizzy near ledges, windows, cliffs or on a table etc. So now I get too scared in case I get vertigo. I never used to be scared of heights until I was about 14.
Mod

stonepixie wrote:
I read somewhere that most people aren't afraid of heights, they are afraid of falling. What are peoples thoughts on that?

@stonepixie I can't speak for everyone else, but this is true for me. I'm not afraid of heights, I love heights actually, the views, adventures etc. But I am afraid of falling, not so much the feeling of falling itself - I like that adrenaline rush too, but I'm afraid of something going wrong and being injured, so particularly if I'm descending in a way I feel unsecured I'll get scared. 

Mod

You would a-salt them, @Ben-RO? I just pulled them off or give them a flick if they are yet to latch on.

I used to be overly irrational about them too, until my first encounter with them.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Community Manager

That's okay @loves netball we are always happy to bring this topic back up and talk about it more with you Smiley Happy 

Mod

@loves netball that's ok. Hopefully you find some helpful things in this discussion when you're able to read it! 

Mod

Always the way @j95. It sucks when that happens.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Community Manager

simpsons-fire.gif

@stonepixie that sums the leach situation for me basically 

@j95 whenever you're ready to talk about it, we'll be here, as always Smiley Happy 

Builder

@Ben-RO I'm like that with spiders
Builder

Thanks @Ben-RO I might start by making a post on here and then eventually I can start asking my mates for some support with it
Builder

aw poor leaches, all they want is some human blood to survive
Top High Fived Authors