Builder

[CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

Ever heard the saying; "Time flies when you're having fun!" but find yourself out of time anyway!?

Time flies when you're having fun!

Everyone struggles to fit things into their schedule so if you are looking for some tips to stay productive and get on top of time management or want to find out if there really are enough hours in the day, this is the chat for you!

Join us on Monday 31st October at 8:00pm (AEDT) as we discuss time management, organization and productivity in our everyday lives or click "reply" to start the chat now!

Mod

Re: [CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

IMG_7788.JPG

(I'm sorry, I just had to Smiley Tongue)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

This is so funny @lokifish because I definitely would not be able to continue if I couldn't sprinkle thyme on every single thing I cook! Smiley LOL

It also reminds me of that joke where a mother is listening to a song, and the daughter asks, "Well, did he?!" And the mother is confused, "Did who what, dear?" And the daughter quickly replies, "Did Parsley save Rosemary in time??" Smiley Tongue

On a more related note, I'm looking forward to this GR!!
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

I'm actually so pumped! 

I've been waiting all week!

Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas and tips too! Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Tonight we're going to talk about what to do when you feel like you're running out of time, all the time (story of my life!). 

We'll alll jump online in about 10 minutes (8:00pm AEDT)! Feel free to pop on and say hi, share anything you're thinking or dive into the discussion! 

If you're going through a tough time, please talk to someone on our list here. Don't worry, they're great! 
Please remember guidelines when joining this conversation.
Mod

Hey guys! Hope you're all well on this lovely Monday night! Smiley Happy

To kick us off for the evening, here's the first question:

What does 'productivity' mean to you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Hello!

To me, productivity means doing something that works towards a goal I have previously set out to obtain, e.g. to study a certain thing, to read a certain amount of my book, to clean a certain area of my house, etc. It doesn't alawys mean actual completion of the goal, but rather working up to completing that goal Smiley Happy

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Mod

Hmmm… I guess I'd say productivity to me means being able to achieve the things we want/need to do within a reasonable time frame, and (hopefully) without too much stress!

Mod

[ Edited ]

Heya @Chloee! That's a really good point about how just because we may not achieve a certain goal doesn't mean that the effort we put in wasn't us being productive Smiley Happy

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

SUP @lokifish @Alison5 @Chloee! Nice to see you all! (even though i can't actually see you i suppose...). 

Productivity is such a tricky word to define! Like in simple terms, it's just doing stuff i guess... but what stuff? Is being productive doing lots of work and making lots of money? Or does being productive include things like looking after yourself and taking a moment to do absolutely nothing sometimes.... 

The more I grow as a person the more i think about productivity as doing all the things that help me live a good life. So not just working hard all the time, but also taking some time to practice stuff that helps life be good, which means for me, sometimes being productive means doing not much at all! 

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count