Mod

Re: [CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

What does 'productivity' mean to you?

Making the time to do the stuff you plan to do. To me it's the action part of planning.

Builder

@lokifish I think that's so important because sometimes I plan to do more than I actually can, and I can feel like a failure and stress out. But then I remember that I still did quite a lot of work leading towards the completion of what I planned, and that helps me to feel better Smiley Happy
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Mod

How to you make the most of your time? 

Best productivity tips please! Smiley Happy

Builder

@Ben-RO Yes that's right! Sometimes I plan on making the time to watch a movie at home the next day, and when I do finish the movie and tick it off my to-watch list, I feel very productive even though it has nothing to do with working, studying, or doing housework! Smiley LOL
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Builder

To me, productivity refers to the amount of effort you put into something and the effectiveness of it.

Being productive is a sensation I feel when I have genuinely tried my best and don't have the feeling of 'wasting time'.

Community Manager

Hey @StarLord

Mod

Hiya Smiley Happy

For me, productivity is completing tasks and being in 'flow', like feeling good when making progress on something

Mod

@StarLord hey! Thanks for joining in Smiley Happy hopefully there'll be plenty of tips shared tonight. Also it's funny that you mention the relationship between productivity and planning - there's a question coming up about that Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@lokifish thanks! Sorry I didn't realise you'd already prepared questions! Oops :?
Builder

How do I make the most of my time?

I have recently become obsessed with 'to do' lists and have found then very helpful. I used to become very stressed whenever I made a list because it always seemed to be never-ending. However, I have been able to recognise the effort put into each activity which gets me past this.

I sometimes worry I spend too much time on the list than actually doing the activities.

I really approach life with a 'don't waste time' attitude. This is still quite new to me but I find i'm much more satisfied with my efforts over the course of a day.

Rewards are also a great incentive to get things done, especially the boring or unpleasant activities like assignments and housework.

Top High Fived Authors