Mod

Re: [CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

Why does time 'fly by' when I have so much to do?

Yeah I think it is all mental... it goes to show how our perception of things can change so much. I guess it happens because we don't pay as much attention to time when we've got a million other things on our mind? So it seems like time’s going super fast. It's like when you're bored and sit there doing nothing but staring at the clock - time seems to drag on foreeeever then Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Community Manager

@FootyFan26 hey!!! I use a thing called Trello, which i guess is kind of like a table... but also kind of like a list! Basically there's 5 lists all side by side in the app and you can move things between the lists just by dragging and dropping. 

Here's a thing that kind of explains where the list idea comes from. 

Mod

@Ben-RO the name Trello makes me think of jello, as in the American term for jelly. And now I really want dessert... hahah this was not a productive post Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

I totally agree @lokifish. I think the statement itself is us simply putting a twist on our perception of time in relation to the amount of things we have to do.
Mod

I think the more we have to do the more stressed and time pressured we feel, so time seems to be going as fast as our minds are! Also, when we have a lot to do, a lot of the time we genuinely probably could do with a bit more time and no amount of time ever feels like enough and we perceive time to go faster. 

Community Manager

mmmmm dessert.

I put things like that on my list, because they help me grow and show myself a little love and compassion, so it counts as productivity for me @lokifish!

Builder

I don't know but it sucks when you have an in-class test Smiley Happy.  Maybe because when you're bored you look at the clock more and that makes you perceive time as being slower.

Mod

@Randomness yeah I often wish we could change how much time we have in a day. On super slow days we could speed time up and then when we have a million things to do time could be practically frozen. We should get a team of scientists onto that Smiley Tongue

Builder

Similar to the opening meme that states
"Time flies when we are having fun. False. Time is incapable of flight. And one's current level of enjoyment bears no influence on the matter."
It's so true! (I love it! hehe Smiley Tongue)
Mod

@Alison5 Hahaha yup Dwight was definitely my favourite character in The Office Smiley Tongue

Top High Fived Authors