Mod

Re: [CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

@Randomness, haha I really gotta work on estimating how much time it takes to do things -a lot of the time, things take longer than I expected and then there's much stressing out as the deadline gets closer

Why does time 'fly by' when I have so much to do? 

I guess the feeling of being overwhelmed with all the things to do, and not having much time to do each one. It feels sort of rushed and also for me, a lot of the time gets spent worrying about if I can get everything done -feeling overwhelmed and not being productive. 

Builder

@Ben-RO My organisational and commitment skills aren't great so I don't use this often but this is how it looks for me:

Untitled.jpg

Community Manager

Nice one @FootyFan26

This is kind of like how i do my board version of the table version you just made.

https://trello.com/b/CXVefGzw/to-dos-eisenhower-matrix-style

I'd show you my actual Trello Board although unfortunately there's a fair bit of confidential work stuff Smiley Sad

Mod

Gee it feels like time is flying by tonight! Smiley Tongue Time for another question

What do you do to stay organised at school, uni, work or in your personal life?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

That's a great table @FootyFan26. I might start using that!
Mod

@lokifish@FootyFan26

haha interesting! I think I look at the time more when I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed, which probably doesn't really help get things done Smiley Tongue

Mod

@cupcakes_032 haha yeah it becomes kind of self-defeating... looking at the clock because you're worried there's no time, but then there's no time because you're always looking at the clock Smiley Tongue ahh brains, gotta love 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

I feel like the table makes it look a bit smaller so it doesn't seem as like as much to do but in reality it's the same amount of work regardless of how you look at it Smiley Happy
Mod

@FootyFan26 I concur with everyone else that that is an awesome table! It makes planning/prioritising look so simple

Builder

What do you do to stay organised at school, uni, work or in your personal life?

In more formal occasions and in places where there is a structured day i.e. school, uni and work, I like to stick to my schedule as much as possible. If I notice I am taking too long to do something, I will simply stop it and move onto the next thing (I like to think that I will be more focussed and ready by the time I get back to it).

In my personal life, I am more flexible and really just go with the flow. I still keep important things organised by setting aside specified time, but I like to be more spontaneous as well! Smiley Tongue

Top High Fived Authors