Mod

Re: [CHAT] I'm out of time, all the time!

What do you do to stay organised at school, uni, work or in your personal life?

I put everything on the calendar on my mobile phone, like events, assessment deadlines, birthdays, things I have to do weekly.. I'd be pretty lost if I my phone went missing! My phone also has alarms for waking up and alarms for when to leave the house to catch the right train.

Writing down a list of things I have to do also helps for seeing what has to be done and what to prioritise -less brain space taken up from all the tasks floating around in my head!

Also, I draw up a planner of assessment deadlines, with the weeks on top and the subjects along the side... there's like lines going from when the task is handed out (if known) to when the it's due and I mark the task with a symbol e.g. square for exam, triangle for assignment, circle for presentation... the subjects are also colour coded. It gives a big picture view of what is coming up and how much time I have before then to prepare. It's pretty good because I am a visual learner and seeing it all in one place helps with knowing which weeks will be kind of chill and which will be busy

Mod

@cupcakes_032 I am so reliant on my phone as well!!! 

Sometimes I just need to write things out, be that on my phone or on paper. I have to do lists, daily planners, weekly planners, monthly planners, all of which I used as required. 

Builder

And from your responses, leads on to our next question:

What helps you to keep using time-management devices such as diaries, apps or calendars?

I know I struggle to even remember to use some apps etc.

Mod

All of the above go on my planner board, surrounded by cool encouraging uplifting quotes to keep me inspired and motivated! 

Mod

What helps you to keep using time-management devices such as diaries, apps or calendars?

I am admittedly slack at times, but I know I need them and if I'm noticing things start to slide, I jump straight back to my organisation methods to keep me on track. 

Mod

What helps you to keep using time-management devices such as diaries, apps or calendars

I struggle with maintaining good habits haha. Putting them in a place where I’m likely to see them e.g. desk, drawers tends to help though. If I don't have the visual reminder then I often forget to do things

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

@lokifish that's true. Having visual cues is so helpful! 

Mod

@Randomness ah I like the quotes idea! I used to do the same thing when I was about 16 - might be good to try it again and build up some motivation Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

[ Edited ]

What helps you to keep using time-management devices such as diaries, apps or calendars

I definitely rely on my phone's calander and apps to keep me on track with everything. In terms of helping myself to actually remember what I put in them, I just make sure I have notifications turned on that come up on my lock screen - this seems to be the best way for me to remember everything as it comes! and now I am so used to looking at what is coming up next on my calander. So I definitely recommened turning on notifcations for any type of time-management apps if you haven't already Smiley Very Happy 

I always keep my diary somewhere that I can see it and it's really handy to grab, as I definitely am one to not look in my physical diary, I will just go straight to my phone. But I find it I write stuff down I tend to remember that more as well. So even setting a reminder on my phone to check my diary can be useful Smiley Tongue 

Builder

I find putting reminders into my calendar waaaay before an event (If possible) is really helpful and often reminds me of events I would have forgotten.
I then really love my past self for having thought of that. Smiley Tongue
Top High Fived Authors