Highlighted
Mod

[CHAT]: Is it okay to still love Disney?

It was 1928, and a young man named Walt Disney created a little character called Mickey Mouse...

mickey.gif

The lives of children the world over have never been the same since. However as we get older society often pressures us to forget about the magic and wonder, and instead focus on the "real world" (what even is that?!). And so we can be left wondering: is it okay to still love Disney? (spoiler: of course it is Smiley Tongue)

castle.gif

So go chill out on the couch with your favourite Disney movie and then join in the conversation here at 8pm AEST on Monday 22nd May! Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Re: [CHAT]: Is it okay to still love Disney?

Hey everyone and welcome! Smiley Very Happy

As always, if you're having a tough time tonight please don’t hesitate to call Lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800). If you're new or need a refresher of our community guidelines, you can find them here.

To kick off tonight's magical chat:

Are you a fan of Disney? Why/why not?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Yeah I guess I am, although I'm not sure whats disney and what isnt haha
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

To answer this myself: YES YES YES! Disney is wonderful and magical and just damn amazing no matter how old you are Smiley Very Happy Heart

Builder

I am absolutely a fan, they are the perfect movies to watch when it's cold and rainy

Community Manager

I don't know heaps about Disney but i'd say i'm a fan? They bought the rights to Star Wars and have done a pretty good job at bringing that back, so that's cool Smiley Happy. Although some of their older movies have some dubious ideas about how relationships work Smiley Tongue 

Mod

@j95 yeah I think we can say that Pixar and Marvel are Disney for the purposes of this conversation (seeing as they own both of them Smiley Tongue)

Mod

Absol-freaking-lutely! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

Yes, I am a fan of Disney, although I'm not as big a fan as some people I know. I have a few Disney movies that I absolutely adore, and a long list of them that I have yet to watch. I love them because of the positive messages they promote, and the escapism they offer - I can forget the world for an hour or so and live in a Disney world!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

Whoa, instead of asking what movies are made by Disney i think it might actually be able to list the movies that aren't @FootyFan26 

Check this out 

Top High Fived Authors